Allodoxaphobia▪9

Start from the beginning

I wasn't sure what he was speaking about but from the look on Scott's face, he knew.

"If you'd like, I could slow it down to a more manageable pace." Deucalion remarked as if helping others was something he always did.

Scott glanced at me from the corner of his eyes but made no effort to ask what I was doing there. "How?" He instead asked the 'blind' man.

"By helping you find Deaton." He responded shortly.

Wait Deaton as in my father's friend the emissary who told us to move here? I didn't know that Scott worked for him.

I looked over at Scott and noticed how his demeanor had changed dramatically, he looked about ready to hurt someone.

Deucalion noticed too. "Your heart's pounding, but it's not fear. It's anger. I bet I know what you're thinking." He challenged.

"Does he have something to do with Deaton's disappearance? Does the 17 year old girl sitting in the room who can kill someone with her touch have anything to do with the sacrifices?" He pointed his cane in my direction and I couldn't help but sink further into my seat.

"Tell you what." The man said and stood up from his place. "If you can take this cane away from me, I'll tell you exactly where he is. Now, what to do you think?" He held it out tauntingly in front of him.

Scott lunged for it but the alpha quickly dodged all of his movements. I watched, the only thing I could do, as he removed the cover from the end of the cane and impaled Scott's shoulder.

"Impressive. But you know that neither one of us are the ones slashing up innocent people, praying to ancient gods or gathering herbs, or whatever the hell druids are supposed to do." Deucalion remarked as he re-capped the cane. "I am part of a pack that wants Derek dead, though. Kali is coming for him so there's a difficult choice you're about to face, because someone is going to die tonight, and whether that's Derek or Deaton, that's up to you."

The name Derek sounded foreign to me. But it's not like I've had the chance to wander around town and meet people. Not that I was ever allowed to anyway.

"Just tell me where he is." Scott said, looking up from his still crouched position. The blind man looked over at me for the first time since the beginning of their small fight.

"Evelyn, I'm sure you saw the map of the town." Deucalion spoke in my direction.

I was confused but then it hit me so I nodded my head. "Yes, the one time you called me into your study with the twins."

"For Scott's sake I hope you took a good look at it because you're going to tell him were to find Deaton." Oh god, I don't think I really bothered looking so well at it. "Remember to let the current guide you."

With that Deucalion left the room on his own. Leaving an intense and suffocating silence to envelop Scott and I. He picked himself up and I didn't know what to say.

From his point of view, I've been hanging around the alpha twins since I got here, I can make people die from fear, I'm helping the alpha pack, and I hurt his friend.

In reality I didn't blame him or his friends for hating me or thinking that I'm the one sacrificing people.

"I uh, heard what happened to your sister." He spoke up first. I blinked a few times to keep my eyes from glazing over with sadness and gathered my bag. "Is that why you're helping them?"

"Yes. But that's not important now if you want to find Deaton in time." I stood from my seat and walked towards the door, but he didn't follow. "Scott, we should leave now."