"You must be Ben." He stated

   "Yes, and your Mr. Harris?" Ben asked

   "Yes, I'll be your history teacher for the year. So good if you to join us." Mr. Harris said. "You'll be sitting right over there next to Penny."

    "Whose Penny?" Ben asked confused

   "Penny raise your hand for our new student Ben." Mr. Harris called

   Penny raises her hand awkwardly. Ben walks over to where she is and sits down at the empty desk. The loud bell rings and all the kids quiet down and the teacher gets off his phone and gets up from his desk and stands in front of the class.

   "Good morning everyone. Today we have a new student. Everyone this is Ben." Mr. Harris says. "Now Today we are going to be going over the lesson from yesterday. Take out your packets from yesterday and your textbooks."

    Everyone takes out their packets and textbooks and turn to the page they were studying yesterday. Ben sits at his desk awkwardly. Mr. Harris comes to Ben with a packet and a textbook for Ben. Ben gives him an awkward smile. Ben looks over at Penny's textbook to see what page number. He turns to that page.

    Mr. Harris told Ben to work on the packet while he went over the answers. Ben writes down most of the answers Mr. Harris has gone over and the ones he missed he went back into the textbook to look for them.

    Time goes by and the class is doing a review sheet, while Ben works on the packet on the section they didn't go over. The bell rings dismissing the class and on the way out Mr. Harris was passing out everyone's homework.

   Ben headed back to his locker already exhausted and wanting to call it a day. He opens his locker and puts his history materials away and takes a look at his schedule. Next class is math. He grabs a different notebook, a pencil and a black and blue pen. He closes his locker, and looks for the classroom.

    Lunch time

    The bell rings, indicating 3 period is over. Ben puts his English notebook away in his locker. Ben closes his locker and sees Penny standing next to him.

   "Hey, Penny right?" Ben asks getting her out of her thoughts

   "Um yea, it's Penny. Your Ben?" She asks

   "Yep. The name is Ben." Ben says

    "Well Ben, me and my friends were wondering if you would want to sit with us during lunch?" She wonders

    "Sure I don't mind." Ben says

   "I didn't think s-wait what?" Penny asks thinking she was going to get rejected

    Ben chuckles. "I said. I don't mind sitting with you and your friends." Ben clarifies

   Penny slightly blushes in embarrassment. "Ok, great. Let's head to the cafeteria. I'll introduce everyone to you."

    Ben follows Penny to the cafeteria. They stand in line next to each other waiting to get their lunch. They grab a tray, and Penny asks for a chicken sandwich, while Ben asks for nachos. They grab a water bottle and some side dishes like carrots, an apple, and a bag of chips. They scan their fingers and pay for their lunches.