My great-grandmother was one of the last wolves to attend the Meetings. All of her dresses are stored up here. When I was a kid, I used to dress up in them, and pretend I was a princess stuck in a tower, waiting for my Prince Charming to rescue me. The older I got, the further away that dream slipped, until by the time I was twelve, I didn't believe in fairy tales anymore. But, my favorite dress, and the one I always chose for when the 'Prince' would finally arrive was a light silver-gray, with a sweetheart neckline and triangle sleeves. I hemmed it, so it falls just above my knees, and flows out around me. It's beautiful, and it has a light sparkle to it, so that when I move, it looks like I'm wearing moonlight. No one else knows these dresses are up here. And once I knew I was going, I made sure to hide this one away. Now, I take it out, and pack it way carefully. It's about nine-thirty, and I'm dead tired. Plus I have to be up by five tomorrow morning to catch my bus. So, I pull off my uniform, climb into bed in only my underwear, and fall asleep.

******~******

            "Excuse me?" I look over to see a pretty woman with dark brown hair and wide hazel colored eyes, and a thick European accent, "Is this seat taken?" She asks gesturing to the empty seat next to me.

            "No, you are welcome to sit there," I respond politely, before turning my attention back to the book in my hand. I just got on the bus, and the rest of the passengers are still boarding, but soon we are off. About three hours later, the woman talks to me again.

            "Why are you heading to Maine?" she asks, "If you don't mind me asking," she adds hastily.

            "No, I don't mind at all," I respond with a small smile, "I'm going to join a few family members for something of a family reunion," I respond. That's not necessarily untrue.

            "That's wonderful!" She answers, "I'm going to reconnect with my long lost child," She responds a bit wistfully. I smile at the sentiment.

            "That's great, I'm sure he will be very happy to see you again," I say and she smiles appreciatively back at me. In all honesty, I am a little jealous that she is making the effort with her child. My mother left when I was 7 years old, right after everyone found out that I wasn't my dad's daughter. I'm not mad at her so much for leaving, more for leaving me behind. But, I still love her, and when I runaway, one of the first things I am gong to try to do is find her. She's still my mom no matter what.

            "Thank you," she sighs and looks slightly tired, "Let's hope you are right," After that we slip back into silence, and soon I slip into a restful sleep. I wake up once, when we stop in Massachusetts, to go to the bathroom. I soon fall back asleep, the same woman next to me reading over some book that looks like it might be in another language. I think it might be Hungarian, which matches her appearance, and accent. The next time I wake up, we are in New Hampshire, about three more hours before we arrive on Blood Moon territory. Of course, I'm the only one who knows that. I'm pretty sure everyone else on this bus is completely human. This time, I pull out the peanut butter and jelly sandwich I packed myself and nibble on that. I'm so nervous I can barely eat, but I know I need something in my body since I haven't eaten all day.

            I look over to see the woman fast asleep in her seat. She looks a little familiar, though I know I have never seen her before. She must just have one of those faces, you know? After I finish my sandwich I lay my head against the window, and watch the snow covered trees go by. It's really beautiful up here. Everything is so white and pristine. Soon, I am lulled back to sleep. I wake up to the woman shaking my shoulders.

            "We have arrived at the stop," She says once I am completely coherent again. I thank her for waking me, and stand to grab my bag from the shelf over top of us. Soon, we are all filing off the bus and right into the snow. I kick myself for not thinking to bring a thicker coat and boots. I pick up my suitcase from the driver and thank him. I look around to see if the woman is still here, but she is nowhere to be found, which is sad because I would have liked to say bye to her. When I turn around, I see my father leaning against a large black car. My heart sinks immediately. Steeling myself, I walk over to where my father stands.

            "Get into the car, Farrah," he says without a 'hello' or anything. I can tell he is already in a bad mood, so this isn't going to be fun. I quickly put my bags in the backseat, and climb into the front seat. I don't say anything as he peels out of the bus station, and neither does he. But about ten minutes in he finally speaks again, "You know what the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack said to me today," I know from personal experience that it is best not respond, "He said and I quote 'how the hell is he supposed to respect a man who doesn't even care for his own daughter?'" I squash the smile that is working to take over my face. I now know that this place is going to be a lot better than home, "Of course, he doesn't know that your aren't my daughter, now does he?" I still don't respond, "And of course I can't tell him that either," That is true. To werewolves, your mate cheating on you is a big deal, and father would lose all respect in the eyes of the rest of the Community. That's why he told everyone outside the pack that my mother is dead, "So, you know what you're going to do?" He adds, "You are going to act like you love me more than anything," I love how he knows to say 'act' because let's be honest, I haven't loved my dad since I was seven years old.

            "Yes, sir," I respond, and the conversation ends. A bit later he speaks again.

            "You have a dress for the Meeting, right?" He asks gruffly and I respond 'yes' and he drops the subject. We arrive to a huge house, that I assume is the pack house. But man, this place could eat ours for dinner! He parks behind a row of other cars, and we climb out. I take both of my bags, and we head into the house, or more like castle.

            "Pretty much everyone is asleep," he whispers as he leads me to my room, "You're free to explore, and I won't see you much," He continues, "But, the day before the Meeting, I'll come get you around three," he says, "All of the Alphas will have arrived, and I need to introduce you to them," I nod submissively, "Wear the dress you are wearing for the Meeting, and make sure you look nice," Father drops me off at my room, and soon, I am tucked away in the softest bed I have ever slept in. I fall asleep with ease.

            ********************************************************

A/N: Her dress^^^^