Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"I can't do this," I announce before attempting to rise from my seat. Attempting being the operative word. Three sets of hands push me back down into the seat.

"Yes, you can," Tori asserts.

"More importantly, you will," Hazel adds, giving me a serious look.

"But–"

"Farrah, dear, you can't possibly be thinking about leaving your mate at the altar?" Linda says, raising her eyebrow challengingly.

"Well when you put it that way," I grumble. They laugh and continue pulling and teasing my hair. In case you didn't get it, today is it. The day I have been waiting for. The day I have been dreading. The day of the Lunar Ceremony. "I'm gonna puke."

A trashcan is immediately shoved into my arms and I rest my forehead against the edge of it. They are all already dressed. Linda is wearing a beautiful, gold wrap-dress. Tori has on a light pink cocktail dress. Hazel, since she is the only one in my actual Ceremony company, is wearing a light purple dress that falls at her knees.

"It's fine to be nervous, sweetie," Tori assures me. "I was terrified when I was performing the Ceremony with Trevor––and you have six times as many people as I did."

"Tori, I am sure you meant for that to be comforting so I will allow you to feel as if it worked," I retort, my voice sounding weird because of my head being in a trashcan.

"My point is that you have nearly every werewolf in the world wat––"

"Tori," Hazel says warningly.

"Not helping?"

"Not. At. All," I moan out as another wave of nausea hits me. The only good thing is that I at least already had the conversation with Keenan about our bond. I told him that since I was sure I was going to be emotional enough for the both of us, I wanted to cut it off until the Ceremony starts. He was very opposed to it, but I finally wore him down. Now I am very glad I did. I seriously could not take two emotions right now.

I feel one set of hands in my hair stiffen. "The alpha is coming down," Tori announces. With out warning my nausea disappears.

"What?" Hazel screeches. "He can't see her until we are done."

"Why don't you try and tell him that?" Tori snaps back. Because Keenan is the Alpha of this pack, he has the ability to communicate with every member telepathically. Once this Ceremony is over, I will be able to do the same thing.

"Ladies," Linda chides. "It's fine. We will simply blindfold him." There is a pause while they all consider that, but before anyone can agree or disagree, I feel warmth spread through my body.

"He's outside," Tori and I say at the exact same time.

On cue a loud knocking starts, "Open the door," Keenan demands.

"Just a second!" Linda chirps out as I put the trashcan down. There is scrambling before Linda pulls out my scarf and slips out of the door. There is a heated, muffled conversation before silence. Then the door opens and Linda sticks her head in. "Farrah, darling close your eyes, too." Sighing, I close my eyes tightly. A second later, I am enfolded in a very familiar embrace. Just like that, my nerves and fear disappear.

"I was worried about you," he whispers into my ear. "You were panicking so much and then I felt nausea."

"Yeah, I was about to throw up when you came in," I admit sheepishly.

"Why are you so nervous, cupcake?" he asks me, his fingers running through my hair. I bet Linda and the others are gonna be irritated about having their hard work destroyed, but I can't bring myself to care.