Chapter 23: Exploring

Start from the beginning

Percy leaned in close to his face. "Get over yourself."

She walked further into the sea of trees, Klaus following.

"So, where are we going?" He questioned.

The demigod shrugged. She thought walking through nature could bring her a sense of calm. Grover always loves nature. "Exploring." She replied.

•••

They continued hiking through the wide expanse of trees. The pair discovered a creek. Water flowed against rocks harshly, continuously flowing down the stream.

Percy controlled small amounts of water to jump out of the creek before smoothly returning back. She smiled slightly. It was fun to be in her own element.

The raven haired beauty imagined the water in the creek raising in the air. It flew up as high as the trees and made different shapes. The form of the water changed rapidly as her mind thought of different complex figures.

Klaus watched in awe as the water continued moving around the two. It danced through the air gracefully.

After a few minutes, the demigod caused the water to return back to its original location. The current picked up again and small waves formed in the creek.

Her smile grew as she watched the current crash against the rocks again. The constant flow was mesmerizing.

She felt peace wash over her. Percy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. The scent of salt water entered her lungs.

The sound of the waves falling consumed her. She felt the energy of the water. She felt the power surging through the changing patterns of the tide.

Power.

••••

When Percy and Klaus made their way out of the woods, the demigod received a text.

Once she pulled her phone from her pocket, she saw that Elena texted her.

The demigod restated what the message said to Klaus. "Apparently, Elena has something for you. And she would like us to visit."

Klaus raised an eyebrow. "Does she have news on where I might find Stefan?"

"I don't know. She didn't say what it was." Percy replied.

She looked up at the original. "Ready to go on another adventure?" The green eyed being wiggled her eyebrows with a smile.

Klaus nodded. "I guess we have to."

"Yeah. But, I'm sure the trip to the Salvatore boarding house won't be as exciting of an adventure though." She pouted.

The original thought she was adorable. The corners of his mouth went up.

"Come on, love. Let's go see the doppelgänger."

•••

Arriving at the Salvatore boarding house, Percy knocked on the door repeatedly. Glancing back at the hybrid she smiled, "Do you think I'm annoying them?" The demigod continued pounding on the door without ceasing.

Klaus chuckled. "Definitely, love."

"Good."

The door opened to reveal Elena. She regarded the demigod with disdain. "One knock works the same."

Percy sent a grin back at the hybrid, before looking back at the brunette. "I know." She said proudly.

Elena turned to Klaus. "Thank you for coming."