Chapter 3: Dinosaurs and Strawberries

❦❦❦

Percy arrived at the grill and got out of her jeep. Elena had texted her, informing her that Klaus was no longer possessing Alaric. Then, Alaric texted her about Damon feeding Elena his blood.

The text chain brought her here to meet with Damon and Alaric.

The demigod was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to notice the person in front of her. Percy walked right into the curly haired man who was trying to walk the opposite direction. The raven haired beauty struggled to get out of her thoughts as she apologized while laughing. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." She looked up at the guy in front of her. He had blonde hair and he was a few inches taller than her. "No problem, love. I was a bit distracted, myself."

Percy felt a little distracted now too. He had a British accent and curly hair? Dam.

"You're British? That's so cool."

The man smirked. "Yes."

The demigod's eyes lit up. She loved accents.

"Can you say strawberry?" She asked with an adorable smile, making it impossible for him to say no.

The blonde looked at her with amusement. "Strawberry."

Percy grinned. She wanted to hear more words with his accent. "Dinosaur."

He chuckled and she could see his dimples. He repeated the word, his accent shining through, "Dinosaur."

The demigod giggled. Percy Jackson giggled.

She could sense that he wasn't entirely human. But he hadn't tried to kill her yet, so that was promising.

"I'm Percy, by the way," the demigod introduced herself. A small smile spread on the man's face as he gently took her hand and kissed the back of it. Percy was slightly shocked at the action. "Nik. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Percy chuckled, "Wow. That was the fanciest introduction I've ever received."

"I aim to please," Nik said with a smirk.

"Well, thank you. I was having a bit of a bad day but your accent fixed all my problems." Percy said with a grin.

Nik didn't even realize he was smiling back. She made him genuinely smile without even trying.

The daughter of Poseidon's phone beeped as she received a text. Her phone was modified by Leo so it was monster proof and the words were in Greek. Percy saw it was a text from Damon asking where she was.

She looked back up at the British guy in front of her. "I have to go, but it was really nice meeting you." Nik noticed that she sounded genuinely happy to have met him.

"I hope to see you again." He replied.

The demigod started walking backwards to the grill. "Me too," Percy said with one last grin and turned on her heel to enter the restaurant.

✧✦✧

She found Damon and Alaric sitting at the bar. "Hi!" Percy chirped.

Damon's face was hardened. "You seem happy."

The demigod shrugged.

The Salvatore kept his gaze looking forward, not focusing on anything in particular. "I screwed up."

Alaric looked at his friend, "Yeah. Yeah, you did."

Damon sighed and looked down. He looked at Percy. "So what happened with you? It would be nice to hear some good news."