10

Aura's pov

The wind whipped through my hair. The wind cooled me down as I ran behind Maddox. Maddox ran in his wolf form while I ran in my human form. Maddox had us running to the packhouse. He wanted to tell his dad that we had a way to keep in touch with his mate.

Maddox slowed down and shifted back. I look away from him as I hold out his clothes. He takes his clothes and throws them on. Maddox grabbed my hand and dragged me into the packhouse. Owen and Peter sat on the couch playing a video game.

Peter is Maddox and Owens', dad. I met him yesterday along with Maddox's grandparents. I honestly adore Peter. For a guy who lost his mate, he is calm and collected. He doesn't let that affect him when he is around people. I can tell he doesn't sleep and from the way he smells in the morning, he has left the pack and smells like other packs. He was searching for his mate during the night.

"Dad, Owen, let's go to the office and have a chat," Maddox says, dragging me to his office. I take my hand from Maddox when we get to the office. I take a seat on the couch leaning my head back. Peter and Owen finally come in sending Maddox a questioning look.

"What do you need? I was just about to beat dad in the game," Owen says, taking a seat next to me.

"What do you want Owen?" I ask scooting over to have some space.

"Twenty bucks." He holds his hand out giving me puppy dog eyes. "I don't have twenty bucks, what makes you think I have twenty bucks?" I give him a crazy look. I have twenty bucks but I'm not giving it to him.

"Because your Maddox's mate if you ask him for something he will give it to you" Owen sent me a smirk.

"He is not my mat- you know what here take it" I grumble digging into my pocket and grabbing twenty dollars and shoved it at him. Owen cheered before putting the money in his pocket. He moved to the other end of the couch.

"Alright, why are we here?" Peter asked sitting in a chair.

"We have a way to talk to mom," Maddox says, taking a seat next to me. Peter shook his head. He let out a sigh before giving Maddox a continued look. "Aura and she can have conversations through the wind" Maddox continued talking.

"It isn't her then. Your mother lost her powers when the elementals from this pack reached the right age" Peter says. You would think for a guy longing for his mate he would believe his son.

"We never had an Air elemental after she went missing. Why do you think that is? She still has her powers in fact they all do the elementals just got done speaking to the ones that went missing from this pack before we came here" Maddox says in a pleading voice. He wanted his dad to believe him.

"Trust me Peter it's her. She wanted me to tell you guys that she loves you" I say, speaking up. Peter let out a fake laugh.

"I'm not gonna sit here and let you guys get your hope up that this is your mother" Peter opened the door getting ready to leave the room.

"She wants you to get some sleep, Peter. She said she won't talk to you when she gets back if you don't" I say causing Peter to stop. He walked back into the room shutting the door.

"Ok I'm all ears for the next two minutes," He says sitting back down in the chair. A smile appears on my face. He believed us now.

"That's all she said to me before she said she had to go. But Blaze and Kailani got a little more information from the other elementals. They are not kept together; they are split up into groups in their corresponding element. They still have their powers because the dark witches have taken them and put a spell on them so they can keep their powers. They are trying to find a way to take their powers away from them and once they do they can take the powers from all the elementals. They are tested daily so the witches can know all about the way the powers course through our bodies. They have to train every day so the witches can test how they use their powers. Every full moon that passes brings them closer to finding out how to transfer the power from the elementals to the witches" I say letting the information sink in with the guys.