• Part 6 •

~*~*~*~
[(Honest confession: I'm a simp)]

Fukuzawa loves Mori's hands. He just adores his pale smooth skin, long, skilled fingers, elegant fragile wrists. He likes holding these hands between his, warming them.

Mori is always cold, like an old reptile. That's why at nights he usually wraps himself around Yukichi, bathing in his body warmth. So peaceful and placid.

Fukuzawa is no fool. He knows exactly what doctor's hands are capable of. How hard he can hit with his fist, braking opponent's jaw, how fast he signs an order for deaths, how gently and artfully he acts with thin sharp scalpel, doing literal magic with patients' wounds.

It is for sure not his Ability, but sometimes it looks like he can bring dead men back to life, like Yosano. Nothing supernatural, just hard work and years of experience. Samurai still remembers every time they fought with each other. And the feelings he got every time Mori's weapon appeared too close to his vital points: anger, fear... admiration.

Fukuzawa knows, that Ōgai looks at his sheathed katana the same way he does look at pale veiny hands. His noble blade was his weapon, but in Mori's case... ex-doctor himself was a deadly weapon. Able to kill without touch, able to torture with words only.

At one point he decided, that having a bodyguard was more of Mori's decision than Natsume-sensei's. It was so... him. Death beneath innocent facade. Hiding himself behind the mask of simple doctor, hiding his most deadly weapon as fragile girl, shifting focus of his enemies' attention to him, scary-looking samurai with a sword. He made his opponents underestimate him, so they would be calm and willing to spill all their deepest secrets.

Oh, he understood perfectly why Mori was Natsume's choice.

***

This one is my favorite so far

***