Chapter 8: Friends

"What are we doing here, Lily?" Isla growled. "What was SO important that you had to disrupt my sleep?" she frowned. If only you knew, Lily thought. But Isla had the right to be angry and she wasn't wrong. It was nighttime and most of the dragons in Jade Moutain were sleeping. However, Lily wished some dragon here appreciated her effort to bring her whole winglet into her sleeping cave...it wasn't easy. Let's just say that there was a lot of fighting going on. 

"I would like that to be answered as well," Copper said, yawning. "Lily, you know how much Bear and I love you but...it's the middle of the night." 

"Yeah, what could possibly be so important that you would put your face on the line?" Frostbite barked. Starguider gave him a look that said 'really' and Frostbite just shrugged. Lily looked at Starguider and she nodded. Lily turned her head to all the dragons here. Nighthowler, Copper, Bear, Firefly, Isla, Toucan, and Frostbite...all of there parents were in trouble. 

"Well...there's no easy way to put this but..." Lily trailed off. 

"All of our parents are going to die," Starguider said, cutting Lily's sentence. 

"Really?" Lily growled. "You had to cut me off." Starguider rolled her eyes but stopped talking. However, that didn't hide all their faces. Nighthowler's eyes widened, Copper looked at us skeptically and so did Firefly, Bear's eyes widened in fear, Toucan looked at me, Isla rolled her eyes, and Frostbite just didn't think it was true. 

"I'm not buying it," Firefly said. "Do you know who my dad is? He's the best assassin in Pyrrhia for moons sakes -- well, I think I'm better at him in fighting but who's counting?" 

"Clearly, you are," Copper muttered. Firefly just gave him a deadly glare. "But I have to agree with Firefly and Lily, you've already met my mom," Copper said. 

"Also, why should we believe what you and Starguider say?" Isla hissed. "I thought you two hated each other," Isla said. 

"And how do you know that all our parents are going to supposedly die?" Frostbite growled. Starguider gave him a painful look but turned away. 

"I can see the future...and...I didn't like what I saw..." Starguider whispered. Frostbite looked at Starguider and frowned. 

"What did you see, Starguider?" Frostbite wondered, glaring into her eyes. The young dragonet shifted her feet and gulped.

"You won't like it," she murmured. 

"Okay enough with the cryptic language! Just tell us what you mean!" interrupted Copper. With that, everyone looked at Starguider. She fidgeted with her talons and sat down. 

"It wasn't a prophecy. It was more like a vision," she started. Starguider closed her emerald green eyes and started to explain her vision. "There was...fire. Everywhere. Chaos. Destruction. Pain and suffering. All the queens, kings, and princes were gone. There was not a single royal dragon alive. But...we were there. Trying to fix it. And in the middle of all this madness was a multi-hybrid dragon. They were from all parts of the tribes. However, the worst part was that all our parents...were gone." She didn't open her eyes, instead, she shuddered and laid on the floor with her wings covering her eyes. Frostbite hesitated but eventually walked up to her. And in two swift movements, he laid down next to her and held her. However, he wasn't completely with her. His cold blue eyes stared out into space. 

Lily almost felt bad for the girl. I wonder how it feels to have to deal with all these visions and have no one to lean on for support, thought Lily. It must be such a heavy burden to be able to read minds and to see the future. 

"It is," sobbed Starguider. But Lily ignored her, instead, she glanced at everyone. Bear was sitting down, staring at her talons in distress. Copper was pacing the room faster now, Firefly was biting her lip and staring off into space, Isla was nowhere to be found, Oceana had her talon over her eyes, Nighthowler was just staring at Lily -- trying to understand what she was feeling--, and Toucan was pacing. Suddenly, there was a loud crash, causing everyone to yelp in surprise.