~=:(" Chapter Six "):=~

~=:(" Maggie's Arrival "):=~

I pulled my headphones onto my head, puffing my cheeks before I then pulled out my phone and scrolled through my Spotify until I found the song that I wanted to listen to, as I always do.

It was You & Jennifer by Bülow. It was a song that I listened to a lot since I was sixteen - it reminded me of a friend I had back then, Ash. She was one of my closest friends outside of Palerino's who I'd met online.

Just then, I heard two high pitched squeals behind the sound of my music which made me jump. 'I know one of those squeals is Frauke's.. who's is the other one?' I thought before quickly pulling my headphones down and wrapping them around my neck before I headed over to the doorway and poked my head around it.

There was another girl. She had light brown, wavy hair and she must've been around five-nine? It was hard to tell from this distance, but she was very much taller than me. She then turned to face me, her grin widening as she bounced excitedly.

"Ely!" She called, her voice squeaking happily.

I blinked. "Who are you?"

She then pouted playfully as she rested her hands on her hips. "I'm Maggie, duh! How could you not tell?"

My jaw dropped, how is she this hyper at - I paused, quickly looking to my watch - ten in the morning?!

I then choked and prepared myself to respond but before I could even open my mouth, Maggie pulled me in for a hug. "Gah, you're so small," she giggled.

I pout in response as I hug her back. "I'm not that small. I'm only like.. seven to nine inches shorter than you?"

Ryan smirked from behind us, "more like seventy-nine inches."

I groaned loudly, my eyes narrowing. "Just because you're a darn tree, Ryan."

Frauke snorted loudly before she smiled to Ryan. "Tally."

I then gagged loudly and left the area. "Eww, romance."

"I know right? Imagine being in love." James wheezed.

The pair of us then snorted in unison, "could never be me."

Me and James then blinked at each other, not fully understanding what just happened. When we finally processed, the pair of us gagged as loudly as we could.

Maggie facepalmed with another giggle. "This is what I come home to? Nice."

Jack then came out from the kitchen, smiling widely at Maggie. "Hey-! Sorry, I lost my sense of hearing after the squealing."

I then went up to my room, pulling my headphones back on top of my head and I immediately began to hum along to the new song that was playing - Crush Culture by Conan Gray.

***

It had been a few hours since Maggie's arrival and I was still in my room, just wandering around with my music now playing through my speaker.

I've never really been the "social" type, so that's why I spend a majority of my time in my room. Sure, I love my friends and I love hanging out with them - it's just that I get uncomfortable easily in social situations.

A knock on my door then pulled me from my thoughts and I went over to it, opening it to reveal a very tall person - this could basically be anyone in the house - when I looked up, I saw that it was Jack.

"Hey," he smiled. "Us lot were gonna watch a movie, if you wanted to join?"

I squinted at him. "What movie?"

"It hasn't been chosen yet, I'm just hoping it's not bloody Harry Potter." He snorted limply, rubbing the back of his neck. "So.. you coming?"

I hesitated before nodding. "Yeah, just give me a sec?"

"Your seconds last hours, Ely." He pursed his lips. "I'm not falling or that - yes or no?"

I groaned, quickly pulling my phone out and pausing my music before I stepped into the hallway. "Fine, fine. I'll go."

He smiled widely, running a hand through his hair before he jogged down the stairs. "Yo, she's coming."

I then sighed, pulling my door shut before I trotted down the stairs myself, making sure I was taking as long as I possibly could.

"Come on, Ely! We don't have all year." Ryan huffed.

"Yeah, whatever.." I grumbled as I then walked into the living room. The only available seats were either next to Ryan and Frauke on the three seater, or next to James on the two seater - Maggie and Jack had already taken the armchairs. Cheeky sods.

James gave me a look before smirking. "You could always sit on the floor, ya know."

"Haha." I squinted before sitting next to him, pouting widely. "I call dibs on an armchair next movie night."

Maggie and Jack choked. "Not happening, Ely."

I then whined loudly, sinking back into my seat as Ryan played the movie the others had chosen - "Shrek".

* ~ ( End of Chapter Six ) ~ *

Thanks for reading!!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FRAUKE!

24/02/2021 ;)