When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part II

Beginne am Anfang

"But Jericho can be really mean. He says that Arden is better." She let out a guffaw for a brief moment, startling Jamie. "Sorry, love." Jamie giggled in return, putting her tiny hand on her mouth. "Arden can be better than me in some aspects, just like I am better than Arden at some other things." Jamie nodded eagerly, her ears wide open and attentive to everything she says. 

Both spent the day talking about seemingly all things, be it how Jamie and Jericho fight or what they fight about. How Aliya ended up here instead of New Zealand, where her family resides in. How she and Arden met and how they discovered the cabin. 

It seemed as though it ended up on a great note. Because, well...Jamie's respect for her seemed to have expanded, exponentially

==+==

Aliya was still bound to the bed since her condition seemed to spiral down a bit. After being okay a few hours ago, her body just shut down, leaving her bound to the bed and sleep. "Hey." She weakly opened her eyes and saw that it was Arden who came in. She tried to croak out an answer but she felt too weak to do so. Arden immediately came near her, telling her not to speak. 

"I just wanted to check up on you. Don't use your voice yet and rest. We've all got it under control." He sighed and wrung out the towel from the cold water basin that he brought.  "I'm up for night watch tonight." She groaned when she felt him dab the cold and damp towel on her neck. "Vincent's with Ezekiel and Meredith and the kids are cleaning up." He knew that she was too weak to respond so he just continued cooling her off. 

They have been worrying about her the whole day. Especially since she fell off the ladder quite violently, according to Ezekiel. He was grateful that Jamie distracted her from the pain a bit. "I'll let you rest up. Check on you in an hour." He tapped her thigh gently before standing up and going out of the room. He was hesitant to leave her alone but he knows that it would be unfair to the others if he skipped his shift on the lookout just to watch his close friend sleep. 

Not only unfair, but extremely creepy. 

When he finally managed to perk up on the roof, Vincent and Ezekiel fell into a deep conversation. 

Ezekiel chuckled quietly, "So, what story did you tell them?" Vincent's jaw ticked as he glared at him through his lashes. Ezekiel found this ridiculous, "Don't you think it's finally time for us to have this conversation?" It was a miracle that Ezekiel has waited this long. The fact that Ezekiel seemed to have taken an interest with Aliya sent shivers down Vincent's spine. 

Fear clouded his mind and his heart, he needed to drive Ezekiel out of here. Whatever he wanted Vincent and the family to do, they will. "The ambush. How we escaped." His bottom lip protruded as he nodded, amused that it was truth in a sense. "I'd assume you just didn't tell the truth about which side you were really on." There was a malicious smile on Ezekiel's face as Vincent gulped.