Chapter 3

I have been working at M.O.A.E for 3 months now. I loved it but I was tired. I didn't quit my other jobs just moved them to the graveyard shift so I was very rarely resting. My schedule was so jam-packed my only rest/sleep time was on the bus to and from home.

Taehyun had gotten me a phone so he could contact me whenever he needed when one of us wasn't in the office. It came in handy but I never used it unless he called me so it was a waste of his money.

I had finished closing the convenience store and got on the bus to go home shower, then get back on the bus and go to work. I looked at the phone and set a timer for the ride home so I could sleep.

I didn't hear my timer go off and found myself In front of the office. I was getting my things and panicking because no one was on the bus. Well, that is what I thought. I see I have 4 missed calls from Taehyun and start to panic more until I look at the seat across from me. I lowered my head trying so hard not to cry at who was sitting there.

"I-I a-am so-sorry" I whispered as the tears ran freely down my cheeks causing me to sniffle. His heart melted and his face softened.

"Why didn't you quit your other jobs?" He sighed. I bit my bottom lip before answering to calm down.

"I- I Um... I have bad luck and didn't want to quit until I had job security." I sniffled but wouldn't make eye contact with him. He wanted to cry at the sight of his soulmate crying but had to stay strong for right now. I started chewing on my thumb that had just healed causing it to bleed again.

"Hey no, don't do that. That hurts me more than you. I want you to feel safe around me. I promise you I will keep you safe. Just please communicate with me and quit your other jobs." I nod and he takes my hand.

"I am glad I have gotten into the habit of carrying around Band-Aids for you" I sniffle and let out a little laugh. While he put a pink Hello Kitty band-aid on my thumb. "So I want you to take the day off. Before you protest let me speak. I want you to take a day off but with me so I know you are resting." I knew by now that if I went against him he was going to find a way to win.

I nodded and followed him to his car. We sat silently until we reached his place. It was huge and luxurious. The inside was way bigger than the outside. I followed him in taking off my shoes.

"There is a guest room over there. I had my maid get you some things and a change of clothes. I will be making food for us and looking for movies to watch." I nodded and made my way into the room looking around. It made me feel small. Smaller than I already felt in this world.

I turned on the water and stepped in. I tried to be quick but the hot water kept me in since it had been months I had hot water. I felt like I was in there a little too long so I finished up dried off and got dressed.

The food smelled good causing me to go towards it. I watched him cook for a little. He was wearing sweatpants with a plain white T-Shirt with messy hair. I had never seen him dressed down. I tried to not look at him too long because my heart would beat so fast and it scared me. After my family dying I was terrified to get too close to someone again.

"Here taste" he brought the spoon up to my mouth cupping his hand at the bottom just in case any spill.

"Wow!"

"Does it taste good?"

"It Tastes amazing." He smiled, plating the food and walking over to the couch. He sat down and patted the seat next to him.

Later that day

We watched movies after movies just relaxing. It started to get late and I didn't want to lose daylight before getting home.

"Um... I should get going... But um... thank you for the amazing day I will have to do something special for you sometime." He got sad that I was leaving but understood where I was coming from.

"Okay let me take you home" I protested but as always he won.

We got to my apartment building and I was going to get out but he insisted on walking me in no matter what I told him. In all reality, I was embarrassed after seeing his home.

We got to the front of my door and I thanked him again but he wouldn't leave. I turned around to unlock my door wiping a stray tear preparing myself for what he was going to see.

Taehyun

I walked into her tiny apartment With her and looked around. There wasn't much of anything. She had a little basket of food in the kitchen with a jug of water. Her mattress with the covers made nicely and her clothes in a neatly folded pile next to her bed. She had a lamp and a basket of toiletries, that was it. My heart sank but it completely broke when I turned to her and saw her crying from embarrassment.

"Hey, hey, no don't cry, please? I don't like to see you cry because it makes me want to cry." She sniffles hiding her face in her hands and dropping to the floor. I couldn't stay strong and cried with her bringing her into my embrace.

"I am sorry. You treat me so well and make me feel all these emotions but I push them away because I am a loser" her words hit me like bullets causing me to gasp for air and cry harder.

"Look, I need to be honest. I hired you for one reason at first but then you proved to me so much more. I have been having dreams about a girl that looks just like you. Same name, same personality, same everything. I have had you in my dreams since I was 18. It may sound weird since we are the same age, but I have been dreaming of you right now in this time period. You can never do anything to make me leave you. It's been 3 months and I fall in love with you more and more each day." Her sobs got softer and I pull her away to wipe her tears.

"I am starting to fall in love with you too" those 10 words made me the happiest person ever.

"Come stay the night with me and we will come up with solutions tomorrow." I nod and follow him out and lock the door behind me.