Chapter 262: Black Devil's Snare Protecting Its Mistress

“This old servant understands.” The old madame’s men arrived right after the old servant gave her reply. Yu Xiaoshu might’ve been a little brash earlier but now she had calmed down a little. One large reason was likely the throbbing headache she was having right now, while the other was the realization that she couldn’t make any more trouble. After all, Bai Xiangxiu was still the princess consort and her cousin’s wife. She suddenly felt lethargic after the old servants escorted her out. Although, in all fairness, she was practically dragged away.

“Leave! All of you!” Long Heng gestured imperiously for everyone else to leave. “What happened just now? You seem to know something?”

“Yu Xiaoshu was probably acting that way because she attacked me while we were in that room. She was probably poisoned by some hallucinogen. Of course, she probably desperately wanted to sleep with you as well!” Bai Xiangxiu had just only realized this as well because Huo’er had been complaining that the air in the room was polluted. However, it seemed like the only person affected by the hallucinogen was that crazy woman. Yes, both the plants were calling Yu Xiaoshu a crazy woman because she’d just hit their mistress.

“They are conscious beings?”

“Actually, all plants are conscious. It’s just that humans cannot understand them, just like how we cannot understand animals.” Scientists have proven this.

“As long as they don’t hurt you.” Long Heng replied.

“Of course not. They only seek to protect me.”

Long Heng wanted nothing more than to sing the devil’s snare praises right now. Once the old madame heard what Yu Xiaoshu just did in this place, she’d probably…

“Your Highness, this old servant has returned. Old Madame has something she wishes to convey.”

“You may enter!” The old servant entered the room and reported that the old madame had already sent the cousin back home. She had also been ordered to get married immediately to prevent her from doing something so disgraceful again.

Long Heng nodded with approval. “You may leave. Tell the servants to serve dinner.”

“It’s almost night. Why don’t we eat together?” Bai Xiangxiu asked.

“You keep fainting because your body is frail. There must be no delays in your meal times. Eat!”

“……” What is this new tough love scenario? Is this some kind of domineering CEO play? Regardless, Bai Xiangxiu ate as ordered. She was feeling quite happy because she’d managed to chase the female supporting character away in just one day. Come to think of it, Long Heng was actually quite well-behaved. He’d never once fooled around with any other woman in both the novel and reality. Because of that, there hadn’t been too many female supporting characters. All the other women had suffered from unrequited love.

However, she believed that a new female supporting character would likely appear some time in the future, because that’s just what authors did when they wrote long stories. She couldn’t really know for sure as she hadn’t finished the book yet. Well, at least I’m the only person in his heart right now.

The house was much more serene after the departure of Yu Xiaoshu. Soon, the day of the banquet arrived. The Long family had already arrived in force two days ago. Bai Xiangxiu truly didn’t have a favorable opinion of them. Even though they were both officials of the imperial court, they didn’t share much in familial relations with each other any more.

Why are the female guests all looking at me like that? What’s with the scorn on their faces? While it was true that Bai Xiangxiu hadn’t had the best upbringing, she definitely had these women beat both in terms of looks and conduct. Since she had to make a point, she decided to dress up lavishly even though she was the type who would normally prefer to keep a low profile. She was so beautiful that she even seemed to shimmer as she walked, making it hard for others to take their eyes off of her.