Chapter 197: Bandits, Leave The Women

Bai Xiangxiu was blushing too. The handsome and striking male supporting character had seen her in such an undignified state! She was greatly embarrassed. She turned around and reached further to pull Xiaohuan up. “Her name is Xiaohuan. She will be coming with me.”

“Oh?” Can we trust her? Wait, are those burn marks on her forehead? Is she the rumored maidservant that Bai Xiangxiu saved in the big fire?

She doesn’t seem to be a suspicious character, but this child does seem very clumsy looking. I wonder if she can properly take care of Bai Xiangxiu’s needs. It’s fortunate that I’ve brought Yu Se along with me. She should be fine.

The three of them soon arrived at the horse carriage that had been prepared beforehand. The carriage was large, but it wasn’t lavish. Bai Xiangxiu and Xiaohuan both entered the carriage, only to find someone already inside. That person was none other than Yu Se. “Yu Se, It’s you! I never imagined that you would come as well.”

“Yes, Madame Xiu. Please take a seat.” Being a sensible person, Yu Se quickly helped Bai Xiangxiu to her seat. For now, it didn’t matter if she ended up with Sir Song or not. Yu Se felt that it was only right for her to take good care of Bai Xiangxiu. After all, Bai Xiangxiu was the person that Sir Song truly loved.

Another person soon joined the front of the carriage right after the women took their seat. Bai Xiangxiu recognized that presence as Yu Kuang. It was extremely fortunate that the wulin alliance head would volunteer to go to such a place with her. However, Bai Xiangxiu was still worried that she might be holding up his matters. Don’t all men have a lot of important things to do? A wulin alliance head would probably have a lot more important things to do. I must ask him about it later. The horse carriage began to move while she was caught up in her thoughts.

There were all sorts of amenities in the carriage, ranging from food and drinks to things that would help them pass the time. It was very thoughtful of Song Jiaoyue. He had even fully prepared everything needed for outdoor camping.

They were headed towards Shu County, and just beyond that, Tranquil City. Song Jiaoyue came to realize something whilst traveling on the road. Since the enemy nation had always been known for their ability to use parasites and poisons, it must’ve been impossible to foresee that they would come up with such a powerful formation. The fact that Long Heng was only trapped in the city must be because he was such a formidable general.

Bai Xiangxiu had never once gone outside since she’d arrived in this era. The curious being that she was, she couldn’t resist taking a look at the scenery. For the sake of convenience, she changed into a man’s garb and sat outside the carriage. If anyone were to glance at them, they would only see three very handsome men sitting in a row on top of the carriage.

However, Bai Xiangxiu was simply too attractive. People who saw her no longer cared whether she was actually a man or a woman. She didn’t notice this at all; she was too busy peering at the old ancient streets. However, a problem suddenly came up, so she covered her chest and quickly ran back inside. Not knowing the reason for her sudden retreat, Song Jiaoyue asked, “What is it?”

“Nothing. Cough. I just wanted to rest.” Rest my ass. This is bad… Bai Xiangxiu was somewhat in a panic. Breast milk was leaking down her garb. I should’ve known better than to dress as a man. The binding on my chest was too tight.

“What’s the matter? Your chest…” Xiaohuan asked immediately after Bai Xiangxiu entered the carriage.

“Shush.”

“…” Despite not knowing why, Xiaohuan could only keep her mouth shut.

Yu Se was someone who had experience in this sort of thing. She quietly asked, “Are your breasts swollen?”