Chapter 232: Disfigurement, Gone Missing

“I’ll find a way. They aren’t that big of a hindrance if they don’t have that Su Yun woman to help them. There really is nothing else for me to fear.” Long Heng had been studying this area for many years as he’d always wanted to take down their headquarters. In the end, something good really had come out from all his effort.

“What? Why wouldn’t she help them anymore?” There’s no way she won’t help them, right? Didn’t they save her life? It’s obvious that she will put in her full effort to help Commander Lu defeat us so that she can gloat at Long Heng for not accepting her help! This is a woman with princess syndrome we’re talking about here!

“She received an injury while she was running away,” Long Heng replied unhurriedly.

“An injury? Where was she hurt?”

“Her face”

PFF! “Who injured her?”

“Me.”

“Sigh… can’t you just tell me everything at one go?” Bai Xiangxiu was anxious to hear the rest of the story, but Long Heng just had to choose this moment to treat his words like gold.

Long Heng found it hilarious when she got all flustered. He began to describe how he’d given chase to Commander Lu and Su Yun after he destroyed the enemy camp. The two had escaped together on horseback. Long Heng had then given furious chase. Commander Lu was no match for him at all, and the commander actually tossed the woman at him to block a spear when he realized he was losing.

Su Yun reacted quickly and was able to avoid being struck on her vital points, but her face had been marked by the blade. However, she was quite ruthless and took her revenge as she jumped off the horse, slashing Commander Lu with a knife and severing the tendons on his heel. Long Heng didn’t pay any attention to that woman and was only focused on killing Commander Lu. Unfortunately, someone ended up coming to their rescue. Commander Lu managed to escape, but Su Yun was probably disfigured for life.

“That doesn’t sound right. You probably could’ve held back, so you did it on purpose, didn’t you?”

“Yes I did. You’re so smart.” Long Heng gently pinched Bai Xiangxiu’s cheeks and flopped onto the bed to rest with his limbs all sprawled out. He was being very casual. There wasn’t even a little bit of pretentiousness. Bai Xiangxiu suddenly realized that Su Yun had been dumb to think that she could conquer Long Heng. After all, Long Heng was a domineering CEO-type of man that specialized in curing princess syndromes. Su Yun would probably never forgive him for disfiguring her!

“I will raze the surrounding smaller camps to the ground tomorrow. Then, the capital is open for capture.”

“I see. Then you better get some rest.”

“Accompany me.” Long Heng took Bai Xiangxiu in his arms and whispered in her ear, “These past days have been very hard on you. I will definitely make it up to you when we return.”

“Who needs rewards? All I need to be content is to see you and Xiao Lin safe and happy.”

“Mm.” Long Heng nestled her in his arms, falling asleep while breathing in her fragrance. Bai Xiangxiu didn’t disrupt him either. Long Heng was showing her his most genuine side right now. She snuggled deeper into his embrace and wrapped her arms around him as she went to sleep.

When she woke up again, Bai Xiangxiu found that Long Heng was already awake, but he was still holding her tightly in his arms. “Why didn’t you recapture Su Yun? She’s still quite capable of many things,” Bai Xiangxiu asked with a seemingly casual tone.

Long Heng laughed, “First of all, she’s just a woman.”

“Are you looking down on women?” Bai Xiangxiu pouted to show her dissatisfaction.