Chapter 194: War Is Imminent

Bai Xiangxiu was thoroughly exhausted. She didn’t even know if she had stopped breathing or not. She could only hold on to a single thought. “My child. I want to see it. Is it a boy or a girl?”

“It’s a boy.” Long Heng waved impatiently to summon the midwife over. Bai Xiangxiu only needed a glance to notice something important. The child’s face was simply too fair and pure looking! He shared so many features with his mother! It was almost to the point where it looked like he was a copy of his mother.

Since she was already so attractive with her face, if a man were to have the same face as her… Bai Xiangxiu could only quietly mourn for the future young ladies of the capital.

“We look so alike…” She fell back asleep after uttering just the one sentence.

“Xiu’er. Xiu’er!” Long Heng was horrified. He thought that she was in danger again. He immediately had the doctor take her pulse.

The doctor examined her pulse carefully. “Madame Xiu is only exhausted and has fallen asleep. She will be fine.”

“Then quickly prescribe some medicine to nourish her body.”

“Your Highness, perhaps you might want to leave the room? We still have some cleaning up to do.”

“This… Fine!” He left the room hesitantly because it seemed that they really couldn’t finish the cleaning process with his presence.

It took Bai Xiangxiu about three days to fully awaken. Her food was all specially prepared for her. Long Heng would also accompany her whenever he had some free time. Even though he didn’t say much, Bai Xiangxiu could tell that he was worried about something.

“Are you… leaving for battle?” Despite not having even taken one step out of her room, she knew that the enemy nation was making their move. It seemed that their armies had begun their march. She could tell this much just by looking at the old madame’s expressions. She then looked at Huo’er. The designated day was almost here.

Was she going to leave before even attending her son’s full moon celebration.

What was she supposed to do?

Long Heng and the old madame didn’t tell her much because they didn’t want her to worry. It wouldn’t be right for her to flout their good intentions, so she didn’t sob or wail either. She didn’t want them to worry. Her courage to stay strong didn’t go unnoticed. Long Heng caressed her head and said, “You don’t have to worry. I will be alright.”

“Mm.” Why would you have problems when you’re the male lead? No, she was worried about the father and son’s future without her.

“I’ve already chased the other two concubines out of the manor. From now onwards, you will not have any other things to worry about. Just be good and wait for me to come home. I’ll be back within a few months at the very least. At the very most, a year.”

“You…”

Honey, do you think you’re the god of war? This is a war, not a game of football. How could a war possibly end so quickly? Wouldn’t it take two to three years at the very least?

“If my wife will miss me greatly, I will put in even more effort as your husband.”

“No need. It’s quick enough for me.”

Even the great and mighty Long Heng was now someone with a great deal of attachments. He was beginning to feel a little unwilling to leave his son and his wife behind. So this is what it feels like to be a hero. No wonder the subordinates with wives and children would always have an idiotic smile on their faces when they stared at their belongings on the battlefield. It must be things that reminded them of the beautiful memories they shared with their families.