16. HARRY OSBORNE

Start from the beginning

"anyone would think you were bitten by the love bug, pete." little giggles passed bee stung lips, an english twang to each of the words. peter parker could only smile, pressing another kiss down to the scarred surface.

"what, i'm not allowed to love on my girl?" he playfully nipped the skin before allowing her hand to drop, pushing his head down to press a kiss upon her warm forehead. "you deserve it." her chest rose and fell next to his own, pressed up close. "gonna give you more love than you've ever had before, rory." that wouldn't be a hard task.

"i hate them. do you hate them?"

"i hate them."

blonde and chestnut hair shifted as the lovers turned to the side, eyes meeting the disgusted stare of both ned and mj. the antagonistic duo both shared a look of disapproval, lips turned downwards at the sight. truth be told, aurora and peter probably were acting so sappy that they looked like the couple in the halls that everyone would despise. they were just happy.

peter was the first to step away, though one of his hands remained beside the blonde's head, pushed against the yellow locker. "sounds like jealousy to me." he hummed boyishly, grinning from ear to ear. doe eyes shifted from his friends to his lover. "don't you think?"

"definitely jealous." the girl joined with a giggle, clutching her textbooks harder against the little dress she wore. with the changing weather and changing spirits, it only seemed fitting that she wore the pretty apparel she adored so deeply. today, her little dress was plain and simple, tiny forget-me-nots printed onto a smooth white surface. heavenly lace danced upon the neckline of the dress, mixed in with the loose tendrils of her blonde halo.

"you're all over each other, it's like you're both in heat." ned shivered, as though the thought brought him actual dismay. "ever since christmas — it's hard to get either of you alone."

glossed lips soon adorned a row of pearly whites. aurora bit down hard, her glare falling away from ned and towards the floor, lightly kicking her mary janes in the dust. any and all reminders of that time were hard, the thought of her dad seeping in and tainting her mind once more was enough to have bile rising in her throat.

thank god for peter parker, "wasn't it you who told me that having a girlfriend was the opportunity of a lifetime, ned?"

"i didn't mean tonguing in the halls!"

"we weren't—!"

"for the love of god," groaned michelle with a tilt of her head, dark curls falling back against her nimble shoulders. "can we please just go? we're already going to get in shit for missing debate."

with a huff, peter's hand left the locker and dipped down, picking up his backpack from the floor. aurora lifted herself away from the lockers, pushing a piece of hair behind her pierced ear before a larger hand met her own, slipping between her fingers and weaving her in close. with a giddy grin she began to walk, half aware of ned and mj's argument either side of them.

peter parker's smile dropped the moment they began to near the open doors. chilling air pushed past the clambering students. it seeped up into his skin and spread like venom, rendering him speechless and narrowed, head swirling.

the feeling was similar to that of his spider sense, crawling at the back of his neck and pulsing with every step he took. peter's larger hand gripped aurora's harshly, unintentionally drawing her attention up towards him. "are you okay?" all the tell-tale signs were there. he sensed something.

conspicuously, his eyes remained forward. he didn't know what to say — this wasn't their usual face of danger. "i don't know."

aurora clutched onto her bag tighter, hoping to hell that she wasn't going to have to launch into battle. bambi eyes fluttered to either of their sides, ned next to peter, mj by her own side. at present, if something was coming, they were their first call of protection. the only way to find out what was coming was pushing past the doors and walking down the steps, or awaiting for whatever was coming to hit.