11. CHEMICAL ENGINEER

SI
aurora smith x peter parker
CHAPTER ELEVEN: CHEMICAL ENGINEER

SIaurora smith x peter parkerCHAPTER ELEVEN: CHEMICAL ENGINEER

how the fuck do you tell your girlfriend that you know she's been trying to kill you?

especially now, that you're standing at the door of her penthouse apartment. he didn't quite know why he agreed to come home with her. maybe it was the relief from being away from the party and her father early. maybe he didn't want their confrontation to be so public. maybe he was going to kill her himself. no, bad peter. he couldn't do that, even if she'd been trying to kill him for weeks.

he hated the fact that he still loved her. he should've hated her guts, he should've felt the need to grab the back of her head and slam it against the wooden door. but, it was as though she reminded him why he fell in love in the first place. the tired, half drunken girl had her nose scrunched in the sweet bunny way that he adored, her manicured fingers trying to push the key into the lock.

she pouted, looking up at him with big pleading eyes. "help me, please." this was going to be so hard. peter nodded slightly, remaining as quiet as he had since after his revelation. the key slipped from her fingers to his, dropping into the lock with ease. "what would i do without you, pete?"

should've thought about that before you tried to kill me. about thirty times.

he wanted to stand there and assure her that she'd never have to go without him; that he'd always be on her side and wipe her tears from her rosy cheeks the moment they fell. but after tonight, he had no idea what the future held. surely, you can't keep dating someone who's tried to end your life.

she stepped into the penthouse, motioning for him to follow her in. peter followed her wishes like a lost puppy, his great big coffee eyes wide and exploring this small piece of heaven, her home. he never would get used to the life of luxury that these people lived. especially since his girlfriend was going to end up in prison soon.

ivory towers were most definitely a thing. the place was gigantic, it felt like he was standing in the middle of a ballroom all over again. the pretty girl, now without shoes and slinking down the hallway, paid no attention to his lost demeanour. this world was so unknown to him, paintings worth more than he would ever earn, a rack of shoes from designers he was too poor to fathom.