08. ALL THE ANSWERS

SI
aurora smith x peter parker
CHAPTER EIGHT: ALL THE ANSWERS

SIaurora smith x peter parkerCHAPTER EIGHT: ALL THE ANSWERS

her heart was thumping in her chest, pretty smile spread across her lips in a permanent grin

her heart was thumping in her chest, pretty smile spread across her lips in a permanent grin. a wire trailed across her upper body, emitting from being plugged into the mobile phone in her (peter's) hoodie pocket. her knee socks slipped down occasionally, something that would no doubt usually annoy her to the ends of the earth, but she couldn't find it within herself to grow angry. not when the playlist that peter had made for her was playing in the buds of her ears. the sweet melodies that he had put so much thought into all but uplifted her soul, a giddy pep in her step as she walked through the massive double doors at midtown high. the music was of the '80's, something that the students around them would find undoubtedly cringe and painful. it may nit have been aurora's go-to, but she didn't care. not when Peter had put so much time and effort into such a thing.

a pair of honey eyes scanned the area around her, looking at the newly set out christmas decorations around the school. sure, she was being mind controlled by a man that didn't really love her, but at least it was her favourite time of year. today was a good day. it was going to be a good day. why? because she was finally going to ask peter parker to be her date to the gala.

whilst being in a family riddled with old money had it's perks, like getting a private driver to and from school, it also had its downsides. such as the stupid galas she was forced to attend every season. sure, aurora loved the idea of dressing like a princess and being pampered to perfection, but she hated the social aspect. rich people with too much money, no idea what to do with it. trophy wives and sugar mommies, the way that her father spoke to everyone as though she weren't there, besides his side, being good as gold... it was, truly, painful. no amount of pretty dresses and compliments could ever make her feel comfortable whilst she was there.

that's why she begged her father to let her bring a guest this year.

at first, henry was more than against the idea of some common folk coming to ruin their fancy engagement. he didn't even know that aurora had a boyfriend. she'd almost got on her knees to beg, bottom lip wobbling in a way that he could hardly deny. it had taken some time, but henry finally agreed to having one guest, undoubtedly to stop aurora's complaining. her grin had been irreplaceable before she slipped into the limo on her way to school, ecstatic to ask peter along. it was sickening to think that henry smith cared so little for what would make aurora happy.