06. BREAKING HER APART

SI
aurora smith x peter parker
CHAPTER SIX: BREAKING HER APART

SIaurora smith x peter parkerCHAPTER SIX: BREAKING HER APART

aurora smith was really, really confused, to say the least

aurora smith was really, really confused, to say the least. her heart broke at the sound of peter's sobs as he cried into her neck, his strong arms heavy across her sides. big hands gripped onto her tight, as though she would slip away into thin air like dust. she hadn't seen peter so distressed since his uncle died... the sight broke her heart. the sound of his muffled cries and sniffles broke her heart. the hot tears that fell against her skin broke her heart. peter parker looked so broken, and it was breaking her apart. tiny hands ran through his chestnut locks, trying her best to comfort him in the absurdity of their situation.

thank god there was no one else in this bathroom.

the small girl had just been wondering through the halls, on her way to the first class of the day when a hand reached out of an open door towards her, and dragged her in. never in a million years had she expected it to be a teary eyed peter parker, but he was full of surprises. naturally, she dropped the books that were in her arms and enveloped him in a hug. the blonde rose to her tip toes as she coaxed him, eyes wide and practically unbelieving. though the girl felt small in his arms, peter felt about two foot tall. he ached, inside and out. he just wanted aurora to comfort him, and it pained him that he could never really tell her why he was crying. how would he explain that someone was trying to kill him? how could he explain that he just wanted to do his job in peace? how could he tell her who he really was?

"i'm so sorry." he cried into her shoulder, his grip iron hot. the small girl frowned as his voice broke, words sounding even sadder than before. "i'm so sorry, pretty girl." he sniffled again, "i-i just—"

"you don't have to explain." she shushed, small hands working heavenly against his scalp. "it's okay, pete. you can cry." the words were quiet and soft, only just loud enough for him to hear.

aurora was bruised, essentially from head to toe. thank god for the december weather and her ability to wear sweaters and baggy jeans. there would no doubt be a thousand questions as to where she got the bruises from, just as she had questioned him days before. she couldn't remember much, just her father's incessant shouting and the reflection of herself in the mirror, forehead stained with blood that wasn't her own. the blonde girl watched it sit in the bottom of her shower, washed out and diluted with blood. she sobbed then, much like peter did now.