nineteen. carnival

"CLAY, PUT ME DOWN!" winnie shrieked as the blonde boy carried her throughout the house. "nope!" he laughed out.

"fart in his face!" nick shouted out as george's laugh could be heard from the kitchen. "shut up, nick." clay breathed out as he ran into the living room before throwing winnie and then himself on top of the couch. "you asshole!" the girl giggled as he sat on top of her.

"get the fuck off of me, clay." she said out of breath. "it's your last day here, i don't want you to go." he spoke in the crook of her neck. "i don't want to go either, clay." she laughed out.

"what should we all do today?" nick asked from behind the couch. "don't know, what's there to do?" winnie asked looking up at the boy as clay turned to lay on his back.

"we can do a stream together." george suggested from the kitchen. "too boring." clay rolled his eyes with a small groan. "well, george is boring." winnie spoke out, causing clay and nick to laugh at the remark.

"i heard there's a fair nearby, we can go on a bunch of rollercoasters and shit." nick said as clay and winnie looked at each other.

their expressions lit up before grins were plastered on both of their faces. "geooorge..." winnie said dragging on the o. "what do you want, winnie?" he asked from the kitchen before walking into the living room. "do you want to go to the fair tonight?" she questioned with a smile on her face.

at this point, winnie, nick, and clay were all eagerly waiting on george to answer the question. "answer the fucking question before i throw this cup at your balls!" winnie shouted. the girl's patience did not last much long, and she absolutely hated waiting for things.

"we can go," he shrugged slightly. "but if you all get drunk, i'm leaving you there to sleep on a rollercoaster or something." he spoke with a cocky smile.

"as if i'd get drunk." winnie mumbled as she rolled her eyes. "seriously? should i tell the boys what happened during senior year in high school?" george crossed his arms as he lifted a brow. "NO!" winnie shouted, jumping up from her position on the couch. "i wanna hear!" clay shouted, pulling the girl back down onto the couch with him. "we wanna hear!" nick then shouted after.

"no, you don't. you really don't." she said looking at nick directly in the eyes. "oh, i think they wanna hear, win." george chuckled as the blonde girl flipped them off. "then i might as well tell them about what happened in eighth grade!" she laughed out, clay and nick wanting to hear both stories "oh, fuck off!"

by the time the clock hit 7, the group of friends had arrived at the carnival. the boys all fascinated by the rides while winnie could practically care less about how big and cool the rollercoasters were.

"well, what first?" the girl asked with her hands shoved in her pockets. "can we get some food first?" nick questioned, watching as winnie and george gave him a concerned look. "do you plan to vomit on the rollercoasters or something?" george asked, watching as nick groaned. "yes, george, that's exactly what i was planning on doing." nick spoke sarcastically. "okay come on, guys. keep on moving your asses." the girl giggled as she shoved them all forward.

after a few snacks and many rides, the group was quite tired, but there was one more thing they had all wanted to do. ferris wheel.

winnie and clay had been paired together which left george and nick to go on the other cart.

"have you ever been on one of these before?" clay asked the girl as the ferris wheel began moving. "yeah, actually, george and i had snuck into an abandoned amusement park before and we had to climb onto the ferris wheel." the blonde girl laughed, reminiscing what she and her best friend had done when they were in high school. "have you?"

"nope, never." he took a deep breath, looking at how high they were from the ground. "are you scared of heights?" the girl gasped from her seat, watching as the boy gave her a nervous look. "oh my god, you are!" she let out a breathy laugh. "oh, shut up!" he chuckled in embarrassment.

"look, just forget about how high we are and focus on the view." winnie spoke, trying to comfort the boy. she watched as he closed his eyes before he took in a deep breath.

"remember how i said i didn't want to go back home earlier?" winnie gulped, glancing at the boy, watching as he only nodded in response. "well, i was being serious about that. i wanna stay."

"really?" he asked, watching as she nodded with a large smile on her face. "well, good thing i want you to stay, too." he smiled to himself.

as their cart reached the top of the ferris wheel, the pair took in their surroundings. the view compared to nothing winnie had seen back home, and instead of being focused on the view, clay was more focused on the girl.

"winnie," clay said. the girl switched her gaze from the ground to the boy, her eyes meeting his. "yeah?"

"do you think it'd be okay if i were to kiss you?"

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
should i make them not kiss
just to piss you guys off? 😹