fourteen. party

mentions of anxiety

GEORGE, WINNIE, AND CLAY WATCHED AS NICK BURSTED INTO CLAY'S ROOM. the three friends were sat on the blonde boy's bed before nick ran in shouting pure nonsense.

"party- tonight- you're all coming!" nick stammered in between breaths. "party? what party?" george said in confusion, winnie and clay only watching nick's funny actions. "some old friends from high school are in town and they're having a party. they invited me, but i don't wanna go and i'm not giving you a choice."

george looked at the girl for a moment. he knew she had never ever been to a party before, mostly because she became extremely nervous when it came to parties and was always nervous around new people.

clay also knew about her anxiety when it came to going to parties or gatherings with lots of people. he knew she was shy, and he knew she'd never been to a party before as well. now, clay wasn't sure how to get her out of this one.

"hey," clay spoke, the girl's blueish-green eyes meeting his. "you don't have to go if you don't want to." he said, watching as the girl glanced at george and nick before putting her attention back on clay. "it's okay, it'll be fun. plus, i'll have you, george, and nick there." she softly smiled.

by the time the clock had hit 9 o'clock, the group decided it was time to leave for the party. they had all gotten somewhat dressed up, yet clay could not keep his eyes off of the girl.

when the group arrived at the party, clay's main focus was winnie and making sure she was okay, and when he noticed she had tensed up the moment they reached the front door, he couldn't help but ask her about it.

"are you okay?" he brought his lips down to her ear, watching her expression change the moment he asked her the question. "just nervous, y'know, since i've never really been to a party before." she shrugged, looking down to see his hand intertwined with hers. "don't be nervous, you're the prettiest one here." he smiled down at her.

before she could say anything, the boy had led her inside the house. between music blaring and people talking, she couldn't hear a single thing anyone was saying.

"george, why didn't nick tell us there'd be so. many people here?" clay asked the british boy, his hands still stuck with winnie's. "it's nick, he never tells us anything." the british boy spoke. "i'll be right back." clay spoke, letting go of the girl's hand before walking away.

"he called me pretty." winnie smiled to herself before taking a sip of her drink. "well, what'd you say?" her best friend asked, looking at her as she tried to hide the large smile growing on her face. "i wasn't able to say anything," she sighed. "even if i could've said something, i have no clue what i would've said to him."

"you should tell him how you feel." george suggested. "you know i'm not the best at doing that." the blonde replied. "maybe if you think hard enough you can think of what to say," he said as the two locked eyes. "i'll help you."

"thanks george," winnie smiled softly. "speaking of clay, where is he?" the girl furrowed her brows. "let me go check the bathroom, stay here, don't move."

after a few minutes, george had come back, but this time, he seemed upset over something, angry even.

"george, what's wrong?" winnie gave a concerned look. "let's go home, come on." he replied, showing no expression whatsoever. "george, what the fuck happened?" winnie asked, following him out the door before nick and clay came from behind them.

"george i can explain-" clay said from behind. "explain what?" winnie asked before george turned around angrily. "you wanna explain how your tongue suddenly got down into another girl's throat? go ahead, clay!" george shouted.

winnie froze in her spot. she looked between the two boys, not knowing what to say. "winnie..."

"no, don't winnie me," she said as her eyes became cloudy. "y'know what, it's fine- it's okay. it was stupid of me to think you actually liked me." she said, watching as clay took a few steps closer. "stay the fuck there."

"i'm sorry, please just let me explain-" he said before he was cut off once again. "what are you gonna explain to me? you're gonna explain how you fucking shoved your tongue down her throat? or are you gonna tell me how much of a great kisser she is?" winnie spoke harshly.

"win-"

"clay, stop it, it's fine, i don't care. i'm sleeping in george's room tonight." she rolled her eyes, walking to the car with george on her side.

"what the fuck was that, dude?" nick said to clay as he just stared down at his feet. "she came onto me- i didn't even know what was going on until george interrupted." the blonde boy explained.

"you fucked up, c." nick shook his head. "i know i did."