Nightmares (Bunny (x?) Reader)

lol I wrote this as a joke in chapter 6 but then I got an idea so I might as well since I only have one request to work on and I currently have no ideas for it, and I wanna keep this book alive so here we go. Au where Bunny didn't get infected and came with us to the safe place.

Bunny's pov

"Bunny!"

"Bunny, wake up!"

"Hmm?" I groaned as I sat up on my bed and saw that George was the one calling me.

"Hm? George what's wrong?"

" I don't think Player's okay, I woke up because I heard them yell. When I checked they were also crying and shaking" He said sounding a bit worried.

"Alright, don't worry I'll check on them" I got up and put on my shoes and walked with George to their room. 

When I opened the door I heard crying; George looked at me with fear.

"Don't worry George" I headed to Player's bed and looked at them for a bit, they were crying, shaking, and sweating. I'm not supposed to wake someone who's having a nightmare that bad, but what else can I do? I don't want them to suffer any longer, but waking them up might make things worse... I noticed that George was sitting on his bed with a worried look, he clearly also doesn't want Player to stay in this state.

I though about this for a few minutes before deciding to try to wake them up in the most gentle way I can. I got close to Player, but not too close in case they got startled and thrashed around.

"Player"

"Player! Are you alright?" The flinched at that, but didn't wake.

"Player!" This time I heard them whisper something. "Doggy?"

I remember they had told me about their partner Doggy, they told me they had worked together many times and had become friends, but that he had gotten infected. Are they remembering that?

"Doggy's alright, Player"

"A- and Poley?" They can hear me.

"Poley will be alright" The shaking slowed down, they didn't seem as stressed anymore, but it didn't end entirely. They turned around , but still didn't wake. 

Suddenly they screamed 

"ZIZZY!" That really startled me and George.

"George do you remember what they screamed earlier?" I asked George to see if anything could help me figure out what to do. It seemed they were no longer dreaming about Doggy and 'Poley'.

"I- hmm...oh! They screamed Clown!" Oh no...I remember when we got to the carnival months back. The clown seemed to only be interested in catching Player and since I had no carrots left I couldn't help much. I realized now that they're remembering everything they've been through during this infection. But now what did this have to do with...maybe in the city? or when they went with Zizzy to find...George...that's probably it.

"George try talking to them, be calm and don't touch them, that might make it worse"

"Um..alright..if it helps"

He kneeled down in front of Player.

"Player..me and Zizzy are fine"

It took a few seconds but they replied

"Geor-ge?"

"Yeah, we're fine, you're fine." Then the shaking completely stopped. They shifted around before laying completely still. They're breathing seemed to calm down as well.  George half hugged Player, but they didn't react, they really had calmed down.

George got up and smiled

"It looks like they're better now, thanks Bunny" He then went to his bed and laid down.

I sat next to Player for a while until they grabbed my hand, they didn't move after that. 
Never mind. They pulled my hand, almost causing me to fall on them.

"Bunny..." Are they awake? 

They didn't seem to be awake, how strange.

"Bunneh..." That almost made me laugh, they messed up my name but they way they had said it was hilarious, but I didn't want to laugh since they were asleep and George was trying to sleep. They gently pulled my hand again, this time I laid down next to them, after a few seconds they let go of my hand and wrapped their arm in front of me. I didn't plan on staying here but okay... I guess it's alright...before I knew it my eyes had begun to close and I was already asleep.

Kay, that's the end. But since I love you guys so much here's a bonus.

"George, Player have you-" Pony stopped once he saw Bunny and Player sleeping together peacefully. "Never mind then." Pony then shut the door quietly and left.

Okay now that's the end. I was just eating with my family earlier and since I hated the awkward silence I just tried to distract myself when I got this random idea for a story, so here is the result of an awkward family diner, hope you enjoyed.

-Sapphire Cake

Bet you didn't know I simp for Bunny did you? jk jk