Angel

The next day, Jisung woke up groggy. That's a good wine for you. He drank that much but didn't get a hangover the next day. In fact, he seldom got drunk. If it wasn't to provoke Chan last night, he wouldn't have indulged so much that he couldn't even remember what happened.

But he harassed Chan so much during the night. There had to be some results, right?

Jisung asked the system, 'Did Chan get angry after that yesterday?'

The system fell into an eerie silence.

'What's wrong with you? Was he angry or not? Is this such a difficult question to answer?'

[No.]

Jisung was shocked, 'He didn't get angry after all that?'

[No. ]

'Then how did I get back last night?'

[He sent you back. ]

Jisung learned that his plan yesterday failed. Not only was Chan not angry, but he also sent him back home. He felt like he was in a daze. He never expected that Chan would actually have such an accommodating side.

'I even underestimated him by a lot!'

Opening his communicator, Jisung saw Jeongin's message, asking him cautiously if he was okay.

With a deadpan expression, he turned off the communicator.

'I'm not okay. Not okay at all! Nothing is okay! My whole being is not okay!'

--------

After something like that happened, Jisung was in even less of a mood to go out and play.

Chan was really acting abnormally lately. Although he thought it shouldn't be possible for him to appear again, Jisung still didn't want to take any risks.

Originally, he was worried about how to refuse the coming invitations, but everyone seemed to have a tacit understanding this time, and no one even mentioned asking him out.

Jisung wasn't used to it at first but soon realized that Chan's appearance shocked not only him, but everyone else as well, so much so that no one dared ask him to hang out anymore.

His feelings were complicated.

He stayed at home like this. He counted the days and waited for Felix's return.

Everything was perfect, except for one minor hitch.

Although Chan hadn't appeared before him again in person, he didn't miss any chance to make his presence remembered and sent all sorts of gadgets to Jisung's house every other day.

Beautiful jewellery, delicious snacks, exquisite clothing, and more.

All of them were specialities from different galaxies in the universe. Although these things were not as valuable as Moonlight Star, it was still a time-consuming and laborious process.

Sitting at home, he could eat delicious food from all over the universe. It felt quite good. A real foodie never refused delicious food.

[You look very relaxed. ]

'What's there not to be relaxed about? He aims to dupe me to win over my father! There's no way he'd send me poisonous food. Otherwise, the losses would outweigh the gains.'

The system was speechless.

Jisung ate happily.

'If I hadn't already done the mission before and gained an omniscient perspective, I'm afraid I wouldn't have seen through that villain's objective and believed that he was actually sincere.