~Chapter 11~

The following morning, I awoke to the smell of something burning. My motherly instincts kicked in, & I shot up, running down the stairs.

I covered my mouth, when I saw the black smoke coming from the kitchen. "What if Aiden's in there?!" My mind immediatly snapped to the worst possible thoughts, & I threw the door open. The smoke soon cleared, & I gasped at the sight in front of me.

Jacob & Aiden stood in the middle, Jacob holding a black pan with something burnt inside it. "Mummy!" Aiden giggled, running over to me.

"Hi sweetie," I smiled, & scooped him up into my arms, placing him on my hip. My gaze returned to a blushing Jacob, "I made breakfast?" Aiden grinned, "I helped, Mummy!"

"You did? Well that's wonderful!" Jacob sighed in relief, while Aiden's grin only grew larger. "Okay Aid, since you helped me with...yeah..do you want to eat this, or go out?" Jacob asked, gently setting the pot on one of the burners.

"Go out!" He giggled, clapping his little hands together. Jacob & I laughed at his excitement, & we all walked back up stairs. Jacob took Aiden to get dressed, & I headed back to my room.

I took a 10 minute shower, & changed into something suitable for a day on the town. (Outfit is in the External Link~~>)

Just as I was sliding Grace's old ring onto my finger, a knock sounded on my door. "That's strange," I thought, "everyone knows they dont have to knock on my door from entry."

"Who is it?" I questioned carefully, setting my eyeliner back on the table. "Just me!" Jacob yelled from the other side, I rolled my eyes, & got up.

"Honestly Jake, you know you dont have to knock." I opened the door, & poked a grinning Jacob in the chest. "I know, just messing with you. Are you ready?"

"Why else would I be fully clothed?" He laughed, & nodded. "Fair enough, Aiden's waiting downstairs." I smiled, & followed him to the living room, where Aiden was playing with Draco.

He was dressed in black, Nike shorts that had white strips down the sides, a black muscle t-shirt, & little Nike tennis shoes. His blonde hair was bed ragged, & made him even more adorable than he already was.

"Mummy, lets go eat!" Aiden cried, running outside to Jacob's grey, 2015 model Corvette. I laughed at his enthusiasm, & walked over to his side to buckle him into his carseat, before hopping into the passenger side. Jacob climbed into the drivers side.

We drove into town, searching for a small cafe or resturant to eat, finally settling on a small, cozy cafe called "Tour De France"

It was a strange name for a cafe, especially since we didnt live in France, nor did most people ride bikes into one of the biggest cities in our country. Think about it, a bike race from Maine all the way to New York? You'd have to be crazy, or severely energized.

As we entered, a cute, wrinkled old woman came to greet us. "Welcome, a table for three, I assume?" Her accent was French, that seemed to explain the name.

Jacob nodded, & the older lady smiled. "How old is he?" She asked, as we settled into the table she had given us. Aiden grinned proudly, "I'm tree!" I smiled, "He's three, & will be turning four in August."

"He's very handsome, you two must be so proud." The woman, who introduced herself to us as Rosella commented. I opened my mouth to explain that Jacob wasnt Aiden's father, but he beat me to it. "Actually, I'm the kiddo's uncle. Averelle & I were friends before she had Aiden."

Rosella smiled, & nodded in understanding. "I see, so what can I get you all for breakfast?" I scanned the kids menu for Aiden, "Well, Aiden will have the 2 buttermilk pancakes with bacon, & I would like the chocolate chip pancakes with sausage patties please."

Jacob nodded, "I'll have that as well, & we'd like a chocolate milk, sprite, & orange juice." Rosella wrote down our orders, & hurried to the kitchen to put in the orders.

Aiden started coloring on the kids menu he had been given, so Jacob & I began to converse. We talked for a while, before Rosella brought out our meals. I helped Aiden cut up his pancakes, & pour syrup on them, before I dug into mine.

The flavor was absolutely amazing, & not much was said as we ate. I took the bill from Rosella, & stood up, holding Aiden on my right hip, & the bill in my left, much to Jacob's objection.

"You arent paying the bill, Ave. Give it up!" I frowned as Jacob payed the bill, only to tense up as the familiar scent of cinamon & chocolate filled my nostrils, for the first time in 3 years.