What she said caused me to raise an eyebrow and confusion only because I didn't know what she meant when she said, 'Despite everything that might happen tonight.' I didn't want to dwell too much on a because I wasn't trying to get into an attitude or any kind of argument on my birthday. There's surely something that Paola is hiding from me but I'm deciding to not think about it as much so I just smile and nod at her.

With her returning my smile she let go of me and we're moving her arms I'm around my waist and walking back to the bed where her makeup was sitting on it as she places her makeup back into the bag.

Justine stands up quickly rubbing her hands together and flipping her hair behind her shoulder saying, "Are you guys ready to go? I'm pretty sure that people are already there. But then again, I just realized that you can't show up on time to your own party. Ugh, I'm really about to punch Paola for not keeping her mouth shut we can't just walk in there with you."

I watch an amusement as Justine is glaring at Paola as she tries to figure out how to get me into the party without people knowing that I already know about it. Because if I walk in with the both of them it would be obvious. The party started at 7 and it is now 7:15

Justine claps her hands and says, "Welp we can always just drive around town for the next hour or so before we lead you into the party. We would keep you out longer but I'm really excited for the catering guys that we hired and I'm hungry and I don't feel like buying food because I'm broke." she says causing me to chuckle, Buying these outfits and your hair was a good investment but it cost a very pretty penny."

---------------------------------------------------

After riding around in Paola's car and having Justine contradict herself by insisting that we pull up to Chick-fil-A to waste more time, we finally got to the venue of the party and I'm almost shocked to see that is actually the place where we would have the annual haunted house.

I wonder what they would have had to have done to get this venue. Especially last minute because I know they have not been planning this for that long. I couldn't be more thankful.

They saw the astonished look on my face as we pulled up and I did not fail to miss the huge sign in the front yard of the house saying, "Happy Karma-Ween." The corniness of the sign immediately bringing me to laughter as I try to hold it in.

When we park, Paola grabs her phone that was sitting in one of the cup holders as I watch her from the back seat turn on her phone. I watch her press a few buttons but for some reason, my eyes aren't working right tonight and I don't have my reading glasses.

She put the phone to her ear and I watch as she told her head to the side holding the phone close to her for a few seconds before she begins to speak to whoever is on the other side of the phone, "Ryan, the chicken has landed in the coop, I repeat, the chicken has landed."

When Paola says this Justine and I look at her with her eyebrows raised she turns back to me in the back seat before looking over adjusting in the passenger seat and shrugs her shoulders saying, "What? he was really excited about being able to do the whole walkie-talkie thing and I told him we're not going to do walkie talkies so I decided on using codes. I just told him that you're here."

Shaking my head I roll my eyes knowing that what she said was true and that is the type of behavior that Ryan would wanna indulge in. Removing my seat belt I fixed my hair as I look into the front-facing camera of my phone in nervousness kind of wishing Paola didn't tell me that they had a party for me so that I could have remained clueless.

Walking out of the car, I jump as I feel myself begin to get ambushed by Paola as she rushes over to me and places a blindfold on my face beginning to quickly tie it behind my head.