Cough

It had only been five minutes when Nathalie's eyes started to feel tired. A tickle went up her throat.

"Please not another coughing fit," she begged

After she'd stopped using the peacock miraculous, her coughing fits had only gotten worse. Her body felt weak and she slipped off her chair, coughing.

"I should get Mr Gabriel" Duusu panicked

This one felt just as bad as the one when she had detransformed earlier that week if not worse. A few drops of blood splattered onto her hand, followed by a splash.

"Duusu... honestly... I'm fine." Nathalie paused in-between words. But her exhausted voice sounded far from fine.

"Ouch" she cried as her aching head hit the door. The coughing started to die down.

"Duusu, I can't get up" Nathalie's body felt so tired she could hardly sit up.

"I need Gabriel" it was true, the one person she needed wasn't there. She gripped the partly red carpet, trying to pull herself up but she couldn't do it.

"I'll go and-" Duusu began but Nathalie stopped her. 

"He's not here" Her throat felt dry, her head was ringing and felt sorer than ever.

"You'll be fine Miss Nathalie, Mr Gabriel will be home soon."  Just then it hit her. Gabriel would be coming back with Emilie, and neat freak Emilie would not be pleased to see the red handprint on her carpet.

Nathalie sat up and rubbed her eyes only to be met with more coughing. She laid back down and closed her eyes. She couldn't possibly clean it now.

Nathalie opened her eyes. How long had she been lying there? Suddenly, she gasped. Her head was lying in a pool of blood that had leaked across the carpet. Emilie was going to kill her. She closed her eyes again waiting for this nightmare to be over.

"I'm just going to grab my-"Adrien stopped and stared.

"What's the matter Adri-" Emilie stopped and stared before giving a wail

"What on Earth happened to my carpet. Gabriel your wretched assistant has only gone and bled all over our carpet." 

Stopping whatever he was doing Gabriel rushed over and his eyes couldn't believe what he saw. Lying in the middle of a pool of blood was Nathalie covered in blood with a bleeding head. She looked broken. 

"You should've called, we had a deal" Gabriel muttered "Adrien please go to your room I'll talk to you in a second. Emilie I'll clean the carpet."

Emilie rolled her eyes and walked off muttering some not so nice things.

"Oh my God Nat I'm so sorry, if I'd known..." Gently Gabriel picked up her fatigued body and carried her into the spare bedroom. Before Emilie went berserk, he scrubbed the carpet.

Rushing up the stairs he crept into the bedroom and heard a small snore. Nathalie was sound asleep.

Her head was still bleeding quite a lot, so he grabbed the first aid kit off the shelf  and carefully wiped down her blood-covered face and placed a small plaster across her cut. He sighed. All of a sudden Duusu burst out of Nathalie's pocket. 

"Gabriel, Gabriel are you home yet Nathalie needs youuuu" She stopped, staring at Gabriel, Gabriel stared back

"Mr Gabriel, I offered to get help but she insisted she was fine. She started coughing up blood and fell to the ground, I didn't know what to do and I panicked!" Duusu covered her mouth to shut herself up

"Sir I I'm so sorry about the carpet I was going to clear it up but but my my eyes sort of-" Gabriel stopped her

"The carpet is fine. I'll leave you be. Feel free to stay the night" She gave him a tired smile as he shut the door. Nathalie sighed.

There was a lot of things in the world that she didn't understand. One of them being the fact that her cough attacks hadn't stopped. Next time she couldn't let Gabriel know and she had to cover it up which wasn't going to be easy considering they were a regular thing. Her eyes shut as she fell asleep.

To be continued(╹◡╹)♡