What am I?

“Harry?”

Harry stared at Remus half full of fear of what Remus would think and half full of anger for them intruding on his territory.

Eventually he calmed down enough to realize that Remus was walking towards him.

Remus hesitantly reached a shaking hand towards Harry as he moved closer, his expression of disbelief turning into one of awe as he stared at the wings towering over him and Harry.

“My God, Harry, you’re……you’re an Imp!” Remus suddenly exclaimed, an excited smile blossoming on his face as he looked Harry up and down. His sudden shout had alerted Tonks and Mr. Weasley to them, and both were now standing at the door with similar expressions of shock and disbelief as they evaluated the new him fully.

There was something else in Mr. Weasley’s expression that confused him. It was a mixture of willfulness and recognition before it was gone.

Harry looked at him in surprise and was also offended, sure he liked to joke but Sirius was….ohhhh, his thoughts suddenly clicking onto the fact Remus wasn’t being hypocritical, he was just saying something related to his creature inheritance. At least he thought so.

“An Imp?” Harry questioned a thoughtful look upon his face, his mind straining to think where he had heard of an Imp before. He gave up trying to solve the puzzle and turned his attention back to his very own friendly, neighborhood werewolf.

“What’s an Imp?” he asked Remus bluntly.

Remus then gained a look which reminded him of Hermione’s (that mean bitch, I mean witch) let’s-get-into-a-long-explanation-over-nothing face. Except this situation was not nothing. Whatever had happened to him, was definitely something.

“An Imp,” Remus began, his voice taking on a teaching tone. “was a small creature that loves to create chaos. There were different types of Imps, for example there were Forest Imps, Mountain Imps, Warrior Imps, and many others. Each imp was named after what its magic could do. For example, a Forest Imps could use Earth magic. They used their magic to keep their emotions and magic balanced, because if they weren’t, they would die from the overload of the combined two. Because of their different, unique abilities they also had a certain dominant emotion for each ability. For example, a Fire Imp was quick to anger, so when angered that emotion lit up like a flame because it was connected to their power. Even though they all had a dominant emotion, there was always one emotion that they all had in common, and that was the urge to create chaos and mischief.”

Harry looked at the all-knowing attitude Remus was displaying and thought over what he said, not missing how he referred to the Imps in past tense.

“So are there not many Imps around anymore? And do you know what Imp I am?” Harry asked Remus.

Remus look at him sadly.

“No there aren’t many Imps around, actually they’re considered to be extinct as most of them were destroyed by Dumbledore. Imps are considered dark creatures because you can’t control them and they do what they want. The order of the phoenix helped destroy all those that didn’t side with them and even then they weren’t really trusted. After the war they all disappeared.” Remus stated sadly, looking towards the floor.

Then he abruptly changed from sad to excited again as he stared deeply into Harry’s eyes as though looking for something, and when he seemed to have found it, he looked satisfied.

“You, though Harry, you’re special. If I’m right then you’re a mixture of Imps, if the colors in your eyes have anything to say about it.” At Harry’s confused look he went to explain. “You can tell the difference between each type of Imp by the color in their eyes. The colors express their different powers. If I’m right Harry, you are a mixture of Fire, Water, Earth, and, though I’m not certain, you could be a Warrior Imps as well.” Remus said the last bit eyeing his arms. Confused again, Harry turned to where Remus was looking and was happily surprised to see the lean muscle of his arm bulging slightly and straining against his black short sleeved shirt. Well, that’s new. He thought.

Turning back to Remus he beamed happily. Remus retuned the smile.

“G-g-get away from t-that thing, Remus!” The quivering, male voice of Mr. Weasley squeaked shakily from behind them, as though not really wanting to say that but having to. If Harry had looked closely, he would have seen Mr. Weasley’s eyes were slightly out of focus.

Harry looked down sadly as he said that, trying not to show the tears welling up thickly in his eyes. He couldn’t believe it. Out of all the Weasley’s he had been sure that Mr. Weasley and the twins still liked him. His head snapped up when Remus pivoted around, a loud deep rumbling growl erupting from his chest. It was so loud it made Harry feel as though the room was vibrating around him. Harry couldn’t see his face, as Remus now had his back to him, but if Mr. Weasley’s ghostly white, and frightened face was something to go by, Remus must look scary.

“What did you just say, Weasley?” Remus said in a deadly quiet voice, only changing his tone to spit out the man’s name, as though tasting something bad in his mouth.

Mr. Weasley just stared wide eyed in shock up at the towering figure that was Remus, never before seeing this side to him. Tonks made a move to place a hand on Remus’ shoulder, as though to calm him down, but never got a chance to as Remus stopped the action by turning his attention towards her and snarling savagely, his eyes glowing a furious amber, showing his usually controlled wolf struggling to try and attack them both for threatening his cub.

They jumped back as Remus started to speak or in this case growl.

“If you ever, ever say anything that I find offensive about Harry again, you will be getting to know my wolf side better Weasley. I don’t like it when someone upsets my cub and neither does He!” Remus snarled the last bit, putting more emphasis that the He that he was referring to was his wolf side.

“Now,” Remus said a bit more calmly, “shall we be going?” The two in front of him both nodded shakily in unison, not daring to speak and anger him again. Happy that they weren’t going to do anything else foolish, he pulled out a rubber chicken from inside his robe and which Harry was sure was one of the Weasley Wizard Wheezes products. Remus then did a silent spell on the chicken.

“Ok then, everyone take hold.” Remus ordered.

Harry was about to stop him remembering his bag when he saw Tonks holding onto it. With a sigh filled with relief and anxiousness, he held onto the rubber chicken tightly, feeling the familiar pull that he always dreaded as it never ended well for him, especially now with his wings to consider.

There was no time to dwell on this though, as they portkeyed from sight.