molly didn't register falling to the ground, but her knees felt the impact.

whimpering, she crawled towards her mothers body.

"no, no, no."

the young girl pulled the needle out of amanda's cold arm with shaking hands.

"wake up," she whispered, slapping her mom.

her lips were blue.

"come on," molly said louder, shaking the woman's shoulders, "wake up!"

a single tear drop landed on amanda's face.

"wake the fuck up!" she was yelling now.

"please. please, mom!" she sobbed, "please don't leave me."

she stood, frantically searching for the phone.

"911, what is you emergency?" the operator asked.

"please, please send someone quick. my mom- she od'd,"

"alright, calm down honey. what's your name and address?

"molly- molly alexander. 1284 shadow drive. can you just send someone quickly please," she said, cradling the phone to her ear as she dropped back to her mothers side.

"they're coming as fast as they can, molly. can you check and see if your mom is breathing for me? try to find a pulse," the woman told her.

molly pressed her shaking fingers to her mom's wrist.

nothing.

her neck.

nothing.

"she doesn't- there's- there's nothing," she sobbed.

"molly, do you know how to do cpr? i want you to start chest compressions. stay on the phone with me."

"ok," she said croakily, setting the phone on the floor and climbing on top of her mother.

putting one hand on top of the other, molly began the compressions in the middle of amanda's chest.

"come on mom," she said, her voice breaking, "come on!"

molly heard sirens from a distance.

pinching her mother's nose and tilting her head back, the young girl blew into her mouth, checking for any signs of life.

"fuck!" she screamed in anguish, bringing her fist down on amanda's chest as hard as she could.

"molly, the first responders should be arriving now. keep up that cpr," said the muffled voice from the other side of the phone.

molly did as she was told until she heard the cracking of ribs.

she sobbed, falling off her mom, exhausted.

molly hard the sound of squealing tires and pounding footsteps, a group of men in uniform bursting into her house, two dragging a stretcher.

one of them rushed up to molly, "what did she take?"

molly looked up at him through her tears, "heroin," she told him, her voice hoarse.

"intravenous?"

mutely, she nodded.

"i've got nothing, man," said one of the emt's by amanda's lifeless body.

"alright, call a time. steve, cole, load her up," said the blonde man who had spoken to molly.

"wait, wait, wait," molly said, jumping up, "what do you you mean call a time? you can't do anything? where are you- where are you taking her?"

then men looked around uncomfortably at each other. the blonde jerked his head towards the door and turned back to molly.

"listen, honey," he said, placing a hand on her shoulder, "i'm sorry for your loss, but there was nothing we could've done."

molly took a step to the side, the man's hand falling off.

"why the fuck are you taking her in an ambulance if she's already dead?" she snapped, glaring at the man.

he sighed, "it's just procedure. we get a call, we take them in."

after a minute of silence, he turned to leave.

as he reached the door, he turned back to molly one last time, "we're taking her to grey's harbor. i- i really am sorry for your loss."

he turned and left, leaving a broken molly, clutching a plastic bag in her hand.

leaving her alone again.

:0

what's gonna happen now?

i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

i hope you enjoyed, leave a comment and/or vote if you did <3