I can simply find other ways to manipulate him.

"Fie? Are you seriously giving me the silent treatment?" Malleus questions with disbelief as I turn my head to stare at the rain ahead of me instead of him.

"Fie." He warns again though this not giving him much of a reaction as I take in a deep breath, enjoying the next breeze of air as the rain patters down.

"You do know I can make it so it stops raining right?" This gives him a reaction of me huffing in protest, knowing he won't go that far since the rain is the only thing keeping me calm.

"Come on, my little wolf. I don't want you getting sick. Please baby?" The added pet names have me melting in my spot, nearly giving in it it weren't for my mother's stubborn blood flowing through my veins.

Oh no, I won't let my mother down. I'll stand strong for the purpose of being petty.

Malleus lets out a king exaggerated sigh as he realises I won't be getting up any time soon. The sound of shuffling feet have me thinking he's making a move to leave me and go back inside, which admittedly has my heart dropping to my stomach. It's like I can't decide what I want to do. I get taken by surprise, however, as a tall and warm body slinks down next to me on the cold floor, Malleus' body heat already making me feel nice and toasty.

"You know I'm only doing this to keep you safe. It's the only logical conclusion there is." Malleus whispers to me, my once silent treatment temper now feeling as I stare at him in disbelief, words flowing out of my mouth before I can ponder on them too much.

"Logical my ass, Malleus. Why on Earth would the King, who is in charge of the whole damn Kingdom, wander off on a hunting party because of some deranged witches? I know you like being involved in matters of the realm, but you won't have a realm to look after when you're dead!" I exclaim loudly, waving my hands in the air and nearly smacking my mate with the ferocity.

One part of me is angry because my mate is being so unbelievably stupid and the other part of me is in a cold soaking sweat just at the thought of him being in danger.

"Kings have generals under them for a reason, Malleus. They have soldiers and other staff because a King's job is to look after his subject, not head into trifling matters where they could potentially die." I say with a now dull tone, too fed up and tired with explaining this whole benign concept to him repeatedly.

Malleus tentatively inches his hand closer to mine, watching if I move my hand away from his or not. I don't yank mine away but that doesn't necessarily mean I clutch it close to me, my hand lying like a limp noodle in his causing his shoulders to drop significantly.

"Fie. I'm the King. I'm not about to let other people lay their lives on the line when I can very easily do the job myself while risking zero to little deaths." I smack my free palm against my forehead, the man missing my point entirely.

"You don't understand what I'm trying to say," I chew down on my tongue, my argument about to get nullified because of the stupid tears which threaten to fall whenever I get ready to bring my point across, "You have the possibility of saving a few lives, yes, but if something happens to you out there on a simple mission, those few lives won't be able to compare with the ones that will be lost in the turmoil which comes with a kingdom that has no leader. Your uncle tried killing your mother when she was pregnant with you. What's stopping another person from attacking when the next in line to the throne is vulnerable?" Luckily no tears make their way down my cheeks and me furiously batting my eyelashes in a less than charming manner has them being kept at bay.

The grip Malleus has on my hand turns harsher than ever before as I glance up at his face to see what's wrong while being taken by surprise at the anger and hurt showing clearly on his face.