Chapter 1: pickles and an apology

"Kat I've got a surprise for you," my mom told me beaming with excitement. I groaned and hit my head against the wooden table.

"Ouch."

"Kat ready for the great news, the big surprise, the explosion," it was really hard to surprise me. I gave my mom a cocky smile.

"Bring it on, give me your best shot."

There is no way she can surprise me, no one can.

"We've got new neighbors!! Isn't that wonderful!!" She clapped her hands together with excitement, I was shocked if physically possible my mouth dropped to the ground. My mom fist pumped the air and did a victory dance. I cleared my throat.

"Who moved next door?" She gave me a sly grin, I gulped.

"The Johnsons in fact," she walked around the table her finger trailing behind her. "They have a son who's around your age. And he goes to your school, his name is Ethan Johnson."

Why did it have to be him? Why does the bad boy move next to me? I'm gonna need a jar of pickles to get threw this. And a lot of pickle juice.

"Okay I'm officially dead, so mom why are you so excited they are just regular-," I was cut off.

"Because they are coming over here to have dinner tomorrow. No if's, but's, or no way's, you are staying that's final." She was grinning like the mad hatter, I winced.

"If I'm going to this dinner then make that two jars of pickles and pickle juice. Mom I'm going to the store," she waved goodbye and started humming and shaking her hips. My mom had mixed skin and blonde hair, brown eyes, and was really strange in a good way. I was lighter then my mom, once had black but know had red and neon green streaks in my hair, tall, and chocolate brown eyes with flecks of gold. I grabbed my phone, and put on my neon green jacket. I walked out the door to the autumn wind, it was a little chilly. I walked cover to my motorcycle, yes I'm aloud to have a motorcycle. I started the engine, I grabbed my black helmet. I was ready when a very annoying bad boy whistled.

"Nice ride, but mines way faster sweetness," I turned to see a Greek god. In most stories the girl falls head over heels for the bad boy, that is so not me. I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"Oh really? Well I'd beg to differ, I own these streets. I'm the motorcycle queen, I'm like a machine. Hey that rhymes," I smilied at his shocked expression. He had brown shaggy hair, green eyes, built like he hit the gym three times a day, and looks like he had a strong jaw.

"You do know who I am don't you?" He was confused on why this girl doesn't fall for him.

"Yeah I know who you are, you are the bad boy who just so happens to move next door to me, so good luck with that hunk of metal," I pointed at his motorcycle. I waved to him as I sped off to the store, laughing my butt off. The air felt so good against my face, and in no time I was at the store. I walked in and was greeted with stares, I gave them a- yeah I'm crazy deal with it- look. I walked to the pickle isle, and got the best brand in the world. My mouth watered just looking at the two jars, I listened to the store music. It was 'I got a pocket full of sunshine' I couldn't help but dance and act like a complete fool, I just loved that song. It was fun, I put my hands in the air and swirled in a circle, moving my hips as well. I closed my eyes and was attracting a small crowd of people, I knew by hearing them cheer me on. When the song ended I opened my eyes and everyone started cheering. I smiled confidently and walked up to the cash register, the guy their eyed me oddly.

"You've got some moves lil' lady. What can I do for you?" I placed the jars of pickles in front of him. He looked oddly at them and said.

"Pickles?" I nodded.

"Pickles," he shrugged and scanned the jars, I paid for them and walked out the store. I hopped on my motorcycle and headed home, the wind crashing against my face. I pulled up into the driveway, and parked my bike. I took off my helmet, and walked into the my house. I stopped when I heard giggles and laughs from the kitchen. I slowly walked toward the kitchen the pickle jar in my hand as a weapon, I looked around the corner and their stood Ethan talking to my mom. Know I wasn't as scared, I walked in like I owned the place because I did. Ethan looked around to me a smirk on his annoying face.

"Hello Kat I was just talking to your lovely mother about dinner tomorrow," I saw my mom blush.

"Oh isn't he just adorable Kat, he has manners and is so sweet," I snorted.

"Yeah he's as adorable as a porqupine and a snake combined." I was giving him a glare, but that seemed to push towards his innocence. He put his hand over his chest.

"You really wounded me their, you heart my feelings sweetness," I knew he was going to get me back. "I think you owe my an apology." I was furious, but my mom was right on board with the enemy.

"Kat apologize and give him one of your pickles, I don't want you two to get on the wrong foot," I clutched my pickles like they were my baby.

"I'm not apologizing, and these are my pickles. Mine," I hissed at them and ran towards the door but strong arms grabbed my waist.

"I don't think so sweetness, you apologize or I'll make you," he whispered in my ear. I chuckled.

"You and what army?" I was pushing it, and I swear I could feel his evil smile. Next thing I knew I was tickled to death, I was ticklish and only two people knew that. My mom and my best friend Anita.

"Mom! You traitor! How could you?" I was laughing I fell on the floor crying, and he was still doing it.

"I'm sorry Kat he is so persuasive," I could see the smile on my mom's face. I was still being tickled.

"Give me a pickle and an apology and I'll stop."

"Over...my...dead...body...bad boy!!" I was shouting at him.

"As you wish, sweetness." I let go of the jars and they rolled separately, I launched myself at one jar and I was to late to grab the other one. He held it in his hands a smirk on his face.

"Apologize and nothing happens to the pickles," he eyed me. I gritted my teeth.

"You wouldn't dare," my voice was on the edge. No one touched my pickles, it's like asking to be murdered.

"Try me sweetness, I'll show you how bad I can really be." I sighed and let the bad boy get what he wants.

"I'm sorry," he had a smile on his face. He handed me the other jar of pickles.

"Was that so ha-," I cut him off.

"I'm sorry, that you are a lowlife bastered that has nothing else to do but pick on me, that you have an ego bigger than your brain, and that I'm not attracted to you. So ba bye." I pushed him out the door a shocked expression on his face, I slammed it into his face. Went upstairs and slept like an angel.