"Look I ain't tryna get all in ya business shorty but-"

"Then don't." She retorted as tucked his bottom lip between his teeth.

"Damn.." He chuckled. "My names Dre, I just wanted to introduce myself.." He shrugged before standing up. "I guess I'll leave you alone then-"

"Wait, I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to come off as rude, I'm just dealing with something...there's a resturant a few blocks away from here called Vinnies Pizza, my boyfriend and I used to go there all the time." She said feeling sad suddenly.

"Where's he now? Y'all broke up or something?"

"No.. He's...out of town right now." She said not wanting the guy in her business.

"Hmm. Damn I was gonna ask if you wanted to come eat with me but I don't think ya man would be too happy about that." Dre said looking over at her. "I ain't on no weird shit though if you wanna slide with me. I'll pay."

Deep down she was starving but what would it look like if she went with him.

"As a friend right? You're not gonna try to flirt with me or any of that stuff right?" She asked gathering her things.

"Nah, you got a man. I'm not that type of nigga, that's a bum nigga sport, feed a girl and trying to get in her panties. Hell nah."

"Well thanks for respecting my relationship. I guess I'll go so you won't be lonely." She smiled as he stood up.

"Well come on shorty."

"Where are you from?"

"The Bronx."

"Oh wow, I've never been to New York before. You have an accent too."

He opened the door for her and chuckled a little. "You do too, country as hell. Ya mans from around here?"

"No.. Virginia."

"Oh that's dope. He must be visiting there."

Anya sighed. "No, he's out of town taking care of something.. It's personal."

"My bad, I hope he straight. I ain't wanna seem nosey."

"You're fine Dre, He should be back soon." She said as they walked to the resturant. Once they approached the door he opened it for her and let her go in first, they sat in a booth and waiting for their food.

"So what's ya major?"

"Cognitive Psychology."

"The study of the mind.. Interesting."

"What about you?"

"Criminal Justice, I'm all for protecting my people."

Anya raised her eyebrows at him, she had judged a book by its cover.

"Didn't think I was gonna say that huh?"

"No." She chuckled swirling the straw in her cup. "I thought you were gonna say music or something."

"Oh nah, I'm cool on that."

Before she could respond she felt her phone vibrating, the hospitals name flashed across the screen. "I'll be back."

Waving her off he watched as she walked outside.

Hello?

Hi, is this Anya?

This is she..

Oh good. This is Brianna, Milo's therapist. I was calling because they were suppose to keep him here for another few days but they'll be releasing him Saturday evening, can you pick him up?

Anya smiled from ear to ear, glancing in the window she looked at Dre who was cutting a slice of pizza.

Yeah I can be there.

Perfect. Have a good night.

Disconnecting the call she walked back to the table. "Must have been some good news. You look happier than you did earlier."

"It was." She smiled as he nodded.

"Well that's good, things are lookin up already. You stay on campus?"

She nodded her head and pulled some of the cheese off of her slice before putting it into her mouth.

"Cool, how about tomorrow you can show me around.. You know as a friend."

"Sure. I can do that." She smiled.

After their food was finished Dre walked Anya back to her dorm before saying his see you laters. She packed some clothes and made her way to Milo's. She couldn't wait until he was home.

——-

Milo laid on his back listening to the rain falling outside of his window. He missed Anya and couldn't wait until she was in his arms again.

Looking down at the scar on his forearm he scoffed at the thought of what happened, he couldn't believe things had escalated he also couldn't believe they gave him a new diagnosis. He felt as if no matter how hard he tried to fix things it always went left.

Stop feeling sorry man, we made a mistake. We gotta think positive. Sai said as Milo rolled over in bed. "I'm fine..I don't wanna hurt myself right now. Go away."

You know we can't just go away. We really scared Anya a few days ago.. He sighed and ran his hand down his face. "What should I do?"

Show her that she doesn't need to be scared man. That was Jaxon chiming in. "There you are Jax." He mumbled smiling a little. He fought with himself a little while longer before the medicine kicked in and he had fallen asleep.

He couldn't wait to be out of the hospital.

——-
The next day

"So here's the café where everyone eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner but most students go out to eat on weekends or before parties."

"Y'all have big parties out here?" Dre asked as he and Anya walked around campus, she had given him a tour or almost the entire campus and wanted to show him the fitness center so they were headed that way.

"Yes, I haven't been to one but-"

"Well well well, look who the cat dragged in."

Anya rolled her eyes and scoffed. "What Cam?"

"Oh nothing. Word around campus is that your man is in the nut house." She said as Anya's mouth dropped.

"How did you?"

"Like I said word travels fast-"

Dre saw the color leave Anya's face and decided to step in.

"Aye, leave shorty alone you violatin."

"Whatever. They deserve each other, two crazy ass people."

In the moment Anya was seeing red, before she could charge at her Dre slung her over his shoulder and walked away.

"Put me down right now!" She said hitting his back.

"Nah she isn't with it. You woke up and chose violence." He laughed putting her down. "Relax ok?"

She sniffled and wiped her looked down at her feet. "What was she talking about? Nut house?"

"I don't wanna talk about it.. I gotta go."

"What about the tour?"

"I'm sorry... Maybe another day." She said walked away leaving him here he stood.

Although he didn't know what Cam meant, he was planning on finding out.

—-
👀  Super short because I'm tired. Sorry