21

"Hmm, interesting," Haou observed as he looked around. "It seems that whoever did this did not have enough power or is a novice," he commented before looking back to the four brothers behind him. "I do not sense interference from the time-lords. Do you know of anything that could have caused this?"

"If I'm not mistaken, this is the work of the Forbidden Balor View, the Sacred Gear of Rias' second bishop," Yuto replied cautiously looking around. "However, why it was activated is something we don't know," he knew that where it was activated was far too convenient for it to be an accident like usual.

"It seems those of greater power were spared the effects," Vali commented looking around. "Me and Issei were spared because of our Sacred Gears and the Holy sword wielders were spared because of their weapons."

"Rias was protected because she was holding onto Issei, it seems," Yuya commented seeing the Gremory heiress not being frozen along with the other young Devils.

"It seems you protected me," Rias said to Issei who just blushed and scratched the back of his head.

"Now, is someone going to tell me the why this happened?" Haou asked, looking around at the other leaders.

"I believe you'll find your answer out the window," Azazel said, looking outside the room.

Everyone followed his gaze and saw many magical circles appear in the air. From the circles appeared many people wearing dark robes and hoods that concealed their identity. Each one of them started blasting the guards from the three Factions that were meant to watch over the meeting, causing them to instantly vanish.

"Are those Mages?" Yugo asked, narrowing his eyes. "What the hell are they doing here?"

"If I'm not mistaken, then the marks on their robes means they're from the Old-Satan Faction," Yuri noted as he studied the patterns on the robes. "So, there were survivors of them after all."

"Wait, what's going on!" Issei asked looking around at everyone, still not understanding what's happening.

"Mages are people who study magic after the teachings of the Mage Merlin," Azazel replied. "Some Mages take sides in the supernatural world for either protection or power, I assume anyone who joins the Old-Satan Faction only does it for the latter."

"Pfft, why would these guys wanna follow Merlin?" Yuya asked with a raised eyebrow. "That guy is a jerk. They want a real mage, they should study after Solomon," he commented, making everyone wonder if he knows mentioned Mages.

"If these people actually do follow Solomon, we would actually be in trouble," Yuto commented with a deadpan look.

"How cruel!" Serafall suddenly cried out, puffing her cheeks. "Why are these guys pretending to be Mages when I'm a real magical girl right here!" she said causing everyone to look at her in disbelief while Haou shook his head in amusement.

"They must have captured Gasper and made him use his Sacred Gear," Yuri said, looking over the current situation.

"How dare they use a member of my family!" Rias cried out in rage, feeling that her loved ones were in danger.

"That can be problematic," Azazel commented with a hand on his chin. "Gasper's Sacred Gear is getting stronger. If it keeps like this, it might become a Balance Breaker and end up freezing even us."

"Gasper's Sacred Gear is that strong?!" Issei cried out in shock, surprised to hear that the little vampire is so powerful.

"He's a mutated piece for a reason," Kiba said catching Issei's attention, the knight then began explaining what mutated pieces are to the pawn.