Chapter 48

Chapter 48 is dedicated to Favi5239

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

PRINCE CAVAUGHN DELORENTES (Crown prince of the Kingdom of Crysauralia)
Age: 22

-----------------------------------------------------------

Brooke was feeling better now, but she still wasn’t in any condition to do any full out playing and determined that my wedding with Ashton should be postponed until she felt better.

We didn’t have any objections there. I read her stories and Ashton played her favorite airplane game with her. After she had a snack, she fell fast asleep.

“Aww, I want a daughter too,” I cooed as I watched Brooke sleep.

Ashton looked from Brooke to me then to Brooke then to me and backed way.

“What?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing,” he shrugged innocently.

He grimaced. “Jackson would not shut about these meeting reminders. They’re like spam messages in my mind. He’s going to give me hell for this, but I’m blocking him.”

I laughed at that. “Brooke’s asleep now, so you’re free to go.”

He nodded. Kevin had very unwillingly gone on ahead to the meeting and warned Ashton not to touch me. Brooke had wanted both me and Ashton to stay with her and to avoid a tantrum, he’d decided to stay until she fell asleep.

“I’m off,” he said, heading through the door.

“We still need to talk,” I reminded him as he left.

I was sitting in Brooke’s room and decided to get a start on my homework. That way, when I got home, I’d have more time for... wait for it… books!

I was so absorbed in my calculations, that I almost didn’t notice a figure by the door until he had entered the room. I stood up hastily, shielding Brooke with my body.

A young man entered the room silently.

“Who are you?” I asked as he stopped right in front of me. He had jet black hair and green eyes that looked all too familiar.

“That’s what I should be asking you. You’re in my house.”

“This is the palace,” I protested.

He extended a hand; his voice was dripping with sarcasm. “Prince CaVaughn DeLorentes, nice to meet you.”

I was speechless. I accepted his handshake and curtsied. He was the crown prince and Ashton's older brother.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to see my sister.”

I stepped back cautiously as he looked at Brooke. Now I knew why his eyes were so familiar, they were just like the king’s.

His eyes snapped to me. They were calculating. “Who are you?”

“Oh, I’m Elizabeth Donaldson,” I answered, just remembering that I hadn’t introduced myself.

His eyes lit up and he moved closer, taking me in from head to toe. “You’re betrothed to Ashton.”

“Uh, yeah,” I said, taking a step back. This guy was a bit intense. “I didn’t know you were here, I’m sorry about that,” I said awkwardly.

“Don’t apologize. I figured you didn’t know,” he stated simply. His electric green eyes roamed the room.

“Are you looking for Ashton?” I asked.