This isn't like the simulations!

Începe de la început

"What?" I demanded. She just shook her head and asked, "How're you feeling?"

"Uh...alright I guess. But where am I? Who are you?" I asked, feigning confusion and putting on my best 'confused baby seal' face.

She smiled a bit. "Your name is Percy, is it not?" I nodded. "Hi, Percy. My name is Annabeth. You are in the infirmary of Camp Half-blood. What is the last thing you remember, Percy?"

I was a little miffed she was talking to me like I was a seven-year-old but answered nevertheless. "I remember fighting the Minotaur and dragging Grover across the property line. Our car exploded and the minotaur was chasing us for some reason." I took a deep breath. "My mom, is she-" I choked on my words. I knew she was going to be returned to me, however, it still hurt, watching her disappear, that too after reuniting with her.

'Don't worry Perseus. We'll get your mom back. You're not alone in this', Artemis promised.

'Thank you, Artemis', I said sincerely. 'It means a lot'

I focused on Annabeth, who gave me a sympathetic glance. "I'm sorry Percy, but she..." she trailed off sadly. I took a minute to compose myself, before remembering Grover.

"Is Grover okay? Oh gods, he was unconscious when I dragged him in. I would kill myself if something happened to him-" I started hyperventilating for some added effect when Annabeth put a hand on my shoulder and started murmuring soothing words. "Calm down Percy, Grover is perfectly fine. He is in no danger right now and for all we know, he could be waiting for you outside."

I started 'calming' down and asked, "Is he gonna be okay?"

Annabeth bit her lip and sighed sadly and whispered, "I don't know Percy, he is currently being held up by The Council of Cloven Elders because of his assignment. I just want to smack them and get it through their thick skulls, what happened wasn't his fault..." Annabeth trailed off.

I had to bite back a smile at the familiar antics of my past/future best friend to just get lost in her thoughts going a mile an hour.

I just nodded dumbly like I didn't know what it meant and took a deep breath. "So, what is this Camp Half-blood?" I asked confusedly, getting up from my cot and limping outside with Annabeth beside me.

'I must say, your theatrical skills are impressive, Perseus', Artemis complimented. I blushed slightly and muttered a 'thanks' before focusing on Annabeth.

She had a wistful smile on her face as she opened the infirmary doors and breathed in the air deeply. She announced.

"This...is Camp Half-blood"

I grinned and took the familiar scene before me in. The campers fighting at the arena, Silena with the pegasi in the stables, Katie and her siblings at the fields, and the satyrs trudging along with the dryads. Yep, home sweet home.

'You must love this place, huh?', questioned Artemis.

'Oh, you don't know about it. This was essentially my home after the Titan War. Seeing it again after...everything happened, just brought up good memories and reconciliations', I said wistfully.

Camp Half-blood was abandoned in the original timeline. Gaea, after winning, the first thing that the hag did was destroying Thalia's pine. With the magical border gone, the camp was no longer safe for the demigods and hence the legendary camp for heroes was left to decay under the 'care' of monsters. All of the Half-bloods were devasted to leave their home but after the capture of Hecate, no one had magic potent enough to erect a new barrier.

I was snapped out of musings when a concerned Annabeth shook my shoulder.

"H-huh what?"

"Are you alright, Percy? You were strangely...nostalgic when you saw the camp." Annabeth asked with narrowed eyes.