chapter 5: headache

i keep losing you for
the dumbest reasons.
i want to tell you so many things,
how i feel about you.
but i can't.
i know you'll go eventually...
-anonymous
——————————————————————-

"lucy are you alright?!"

my heart was beating 1000 miles per hour. a fucking bear just tried to attack lucy and i bet if it's attempt was successful all of us would've been an afternoon's meal.

"why wouldn't he stop?". susan lowered her weapon, arrow ready for shoot. but she didn't. if it wasn't for the dwarf lucy would've been dead right now.

"i guess he was hungry." the dwarf replied.

peter helped lucy get up from the ground and we all walked towards the (hopefully) dead black bear. i've never actually seen a bear in my life. they're huge.

edmund looked at the bear with confused eyes. "he was wild".

i turned to look at him. "well of course he his. what did you expect an animal to do? talk and invite for tea?"

he looked at me with an expression i can't quite figure out. he thinks im stupid or oblivious.

"well actually yes. animals here talk," he gazed at the bear, "or used to".

peter glanced at the both of us. "i don't think he could talk at all."

the dwarf stood over the bear. his eyes showed a hint of sadness and anger. but not at the bear.

"get treated like a dumb animal long enough, that what you become. you may find narnia a more savage place than you remember." he kneeled down and stabbed his knife inside the bears body.

i looked at lucy and how she turned her head, not wanting to see the scene. she really finds comfort in peter. i've noticed they're the most united when it comes to siblinghood. all of them are close, but they're different.

i wish i had a sibling, a anything i could rely on when i want to hide from gruesome scenes like such. but i don't, and that's just how it is.

after a few moments of silence, peter decided to break it.

"so, where do we find this prince caspian?". he directed that question to the dwarf, who was the one who brough us here in the first place.

he stood up. "right this way".

we started making our way into the heavy forest. never in my life have i ever been inside a forest with so many trees and crisp air. everything in the future is deforested and polluted.

my legs were getting tired and it had not even been 10 minutes into the walk. i looked to my right and edmund was staring.

"what?" i mouthed at him and he just looked forward. this kid shouldn't even be looking at me right now after what he caused. the dwarf was between us.

"so, princess alexandr- i mean ms.blair reed," the dwarf really dragged the 'ms.blair reed'. he said it like i just made up some bullshit. "how come you're not alexandria but blair? what ocurred?"