1

Elizabeth sat there silently contemplating what the hell she was supposed to do. The girl looked around frantically for something to defend herself and placed her eyes on a broken wooden plank beside her, she grabbed it and quickly swung her hand in-front of her accidentally cutting herself. 

The girl winced in pain. "Who are you?" She said trembling, she slowly stood up keeping her eyes planted to the boy in-front of her. 

"I'm Newt, okay? Put the plank down." He placed his hand in-front of him.

"Is she cute?"

"I call dibs." 

"You can't call dibs." 

"Would all of you slim it! She's scared enough as it is." Someone yelled from above causing the commotion above stop. 

She loosened the grip on the plank. 

"Where am I? Why can't I remember anything?" She asked as the blood begins to drip out of her hand.

Newts eyes slowly moved towards her hand. 

"Listen, just let us help you and we will give you all the answers you need." He stated walking closer. Why did he seem so familiar to her? Like she had just had a conversation with him but forgot it. It was a weird feeling that she quickly pushed aside. 

"Okay." She gulped dropping the plank, and with it blood. She winced as all the pain came to realization, there was a huge gash right across her whole hand. 

A rope dropped down so sooner that she was beside Newt. She placed her foot in the loop and was yanked up. 

"Are all girls this light?" The person holding the rope blurted out, Elizabeth stood up as soon as her feet reached the grass. Most boys had moved out of the way of where she was standing. 

"What the fuck.." She muttered looking around. There were trees, built structures, animal pens and then 4 walls surrounding them about 300 feet tall. One with an opening, it was an alley like walkway with vines connecting either side. 

"Do you remember anything? Your name? Where you came from?" She thought for a moment

"Do you remember anything? Your name? Where you came from?" She thought for a moment. Everything was missing except for one thing. Her name. 

"Elizabeth." She looked the man in the eyes. 

"Alright Elizabeth. I'm Alby." He paused. 

"Welcome to the glade." Elizabeth nodded not sure what to reply. What were all these unusual words? Glade? Slim it? It was so weird. 

"What are you gonna do about my hand?" She said raising the hand that was obviously bleeding but was covered by her sleeve. 

"You mean, what is Jeff gonna do about your hand." He pointed to a boy. The boy was a couple inches shorter than Alby, dark-skinned aswell and muscular. 

"Yeah, follow me." He said hesitantly before pushing past the boys who stood behind him. She looked around before walking over to him. 

"Why can't I remember anything?" She questioned as they walked into a room, it had a bed and then medical clothes on the other side. 

"Not sure, no one can when they first arrive." He opened a cabinet and then took out alcohol, and bandages. 

"Who put us here?" She had a million questions. 

"I don't know alright Greenie? We call them the creators. They send up supplies once a month and a new greenie." He walked over to the girl who was now sitting on a chair and kneeled beside her. 

"We built a life for ourselves here and been trying to escape for 3 years now." He pulled up her sleeve. 

"This is gonna hurt." He took off the bottle cap of the alcohol and began to pour it.

――――― a whole process later

After her hand being bandaged she stared around. 

"They've been trying to escape for 3 years." She thought. What did he mean? What was past those walls. 

"Hey Greenie, you ready for the tour." 

"Yeah sure." She sighed, the girl began to follow Alby. 

――――― Sorry for the time skips, but if you're reading this you most likely already know what the glade looks like. 

They stood at the watch tower. 

"This is all so confusing." She looked up at the sky. 

"You'll get used to it, I'm pretty sure things are gonna change now." 

"Why?" She looked down at him. 

"We haven't gotten one girl, and now we do? We also got double the supplies." Elizabeth raised am eyebrow. 

"Maybe they're being generous?" She nervously smiled, the fact of being the only girl in a glade full of maybe  40 boys absolutely terrified her. 

Alby laughed. "Generous?"

Elizabeth bit her lip, she sighed. 

"What now?" She walked towards the stairs of the tower. 

"Now, you continue the day and tomorrow you're trying out jobs?" Her head turned towards him. 

"What jobs?" At least she had something to pass time.  

"Runner, Builder, Cook, Slicer, Track-Hoe, Med-jack, Slopper, Baggers." He says with one breath, Elizabeth smiles and quickly heads down. She was getting way too comfortable there, but she didn't want to worry about the fact that she might be stuck there for her whole life. 

As her feet hit the grass a gust of wind hit her face, thats when she realized. She had no idea what she looked like. The girl reached for her long hair, it was a brunette-blonde-ish color. She had been wearing a beige sweatshirt, one of the sleeves had blood, black sweatpants and boots. 

Not long later of just standing there and pondering the same british boy who helped her out of the box approached her. 

"Feeling better?" He said smiling. 

"Yeah." She bit her lip to keep her from smiling aswell. 

"Uh, do you have girl clothes around here?" She finally said, catching him off guard. 

"Lets ask Chuck, greenie." She nodded and followed him to a small boy, maybe 12-ish with curly hair. 

"Hey Chuck, did a box come up marked.." He looked at the girl. 

"Uh, Uh Elizabeth." She stuttered. 

Chuck looked at her then back at Newt and walked over to another hut, he came out with a cardboard box marked Elizabeth. 

"Thanks." She grabbed the box and began walking off. 

"So where am I sleeping?" She asked again as Newt caught up with her, he seemed to have a limp. 

"Over here." He led her to a hammock. She nodded and sat down in it opening the box with her nails, they were surprisingly long. 

"Hm." There were clothes on-top but inside was a box hidden. 

"Whats that?" Newt said peering. 

"Not sure." She gulped, she pulled the box out and opened it.

―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――