Chapter 8- A fresh start

Începe de la început

"I have a parcel for your mam."He handed me a box that was wrapped with red wrapping paper and it was nicely decorated with silk now rose on top. "Thank you."

"Your welcome." I closed the door and after the mailman left, I take a look at the parcel. First I thought it was David's but then I open the tag on the top. It had my name. A parcel for me. That's unusual. I opened the box to find a note. I was wondering who sent a parcel for me. I opened the note to see who sent it.

Of course, It's David. I read the note and smiled. I open the box and look at the outfit he had sent. The outfit was pretty. I liked it and more because it was simple yet classy and wholly my style. David has a great taste in fashion certainly but I was wondering why he chose such a casual outfit for our date.

It made me even more curious as to what David had planned. I also knew he wouldn't reveal anything about it so I chose to take a nap till he comes. I kept the box in my closet and dozed off.

When I wake up, David had still not returned. I wonder what work he had at work. I understand now. He got out of the house to prepare for our date and going to work was just an excuse or does he have work. Am I imagining things? He might be really busy. Nevermind. I went into the living room to watch something and as soon as I switch it on, the news channel was on.

News:-
According to the latest reports we have. A prisoner named Harry Styles has escaped prison two days ago. He is a wanted criminal and is accused of many crimes. If you see him or have any information about him. Call the police.
Moving on.

For a second I was shocked. I was afraid. He escaped prison. He is obviously after me. No-no-no. This can't be true. Suddenly my pulse was increasing and my hands trembled.  I was sweating. Then I heard the doorbell.

Ding dong

What if it's him. What if he found me? I was taking deep breaths to calm myself. I don't have to overreact. I will face him if it's him. He can't possibly find me here but what if he has?

Ding Dong

Ok, Ava, you have to open the door. You don't have to be scared of him. He can't do anything. Right?

Ding Dong

I slowly approached the door and opened it. I didn't dare to look at the peephole. I take the vase from the counter and opened it. I was instantly relieved when I saw David. I dropped the vase and I hug him. "David, It's you."

All the tears I was holding in flowed down my cheeks as my muscles relaxed under his arms.
"Why are you crying, Ava?" He says while holding him.

"I thought it was him. I was so scared." He wipes the tears from my eyes and kisses my forehead. He places his hands on my cheeks and looks into my eyes."Shhh. Calm down. I am here."

"Harry escaped from prison. He will come after me. I shouldn't be scared of him but it haunts me." He holds me again is when I start speaking about my fear. The news I just saw.

"No one can touch you as long as I am with you. Ava, calm down and stop crying. I am here."

He was right. I have to calm down. I have David here with me. Nothing will happen to me. I am unnecessarily worried about it.
"David, Let's get ready for the date already. Shall we?'

"Are you sure you are okay? I can postpone it." I see the concern in his eyes. I will not let my past interfere with the present. Enough dwelling in the past.

"I am a hundred percent sure," I said smiling.

"As you wish, Ava."

I took a shower as David went to his room to get ready. The outfit sent by David was a cream full sleeve top and denim skirt long high boots. I let my hair open and set my bangs on my forehead. Then I put on a little bit of make-up. Eyeliner and some lipgloss and I were all ready.