Chap.6

Billie POV: I pulled up to the house everybody got out the car and I just sat there. Once Autumn saw I stayed in the car she opened the door back

"You coming?"

I shook my head "nah I got business to handle" she smiled "can I come?"

I sat there thinking for a second "yeah come on don't make me regret this!"

She cheesed "oh hush Eilish just drive"

I made my way to the suburbs "so tell me about you why you here?"

She sat her phone down in her lap "well my dad was a Really big drug dealer and a gang came looking for him in our house and long story short they were going to kill me and my mom but my mom made me run and they killed her instead and eventually they found my dad and killed him"

I went wide eyed not expecting that story I reached over grabbed her hand rubbing the back of it with my thumb "so did you find your dad before they you know?"

She shook her head "no i was at the police station and in the mist of them trying to find him it was reported he was killed so I'm guessing they found him once they killed my mom"

I squeezed her hand letting her know I was there "I'm so sorry autumn"

She shook her head smiling slightly "no don't be so why are you here?"

I sighed stopping at a red light "my mom wanted to get away from my dad because he was a drug dealer and I guess she didn't want to raise me around that you know"

She nodded her head indicating she was listening "but I don't think she thought it out all the way cause she didn't take any of his money nor did she have a job when she ran away with me so basically we struggled you know and when I went to school they noticed"

She scrunched up her face "what you mean they noticed?"

I hit my turning signals "I would be hungrier than the other kids and my clothes would be dirty and they reported it and I got taken away from her"

Autumn made a disgusted face I removed my hand from hers "why are you making that face?"

She sighed "I'm sorry but why wouldn't she fight for you or come back for you once she got her shit together. My mom literally died trying to protect me and yours just left you in the dust and it's really pissing me off"

I sighed "look I understand but I'm over it anyway we should move on you know, at least she did she has a family now I saw her on Facebook she has a younger son now"

Autumn gasped "I'll literally shoot her"

I laughed "you trigger happy huh?"

She shrugged "some people deserves a hot one sometimes"

I nodded "you didn't lie about that one. But autumn is no everyday name how did you get it?"

She laughed "my mom and dad met in fall and my dad proposed to her in fall and she found out she was pregnant with me in fall and you know Autumn is the other name for Fall so it was like a lucky season for them"

I smiled at the short story "that's adorable I love it. What season is it? Fall? I think it's a sign"

She looked at me curious "and what sign is that?"

I bit my lip smiling "that you were made for me"

She leaned back on the seat laughing "please whatever Billie"

As we approached the suburbs she looked at me "and what we doing out here cause I know what you do I know you're in a gang"

I froze "who meee?? No way not me you got the wrong person"