Chapter 4: Position

En başından başla

"Where did you teacher leave off?" He asked, "Also you can sit down now."

I thought for a moment, "Using DNA, fingerprints, and blood in court."

"Ah, thats good. You're a week ahead. We are learning about analyzing DNA, fingerprints, and bl-"

The door handle jiggled and then someone knocked.

Mr. Brown stood up and opened the door, revealing a red faced boy with blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Sorry, Mr. Brown. I was caught-," he took a moment to catch his breath. "-in a wreck. Had to run, all the, way, ta get, here." He huffed.

Mr. Brown chuckled, "Go sit and your seat Mr. Katal."

"Yes sir." He said.

Then he walked over to the desk I was sitting in, saw me, then turned and quickly found a seat somewhere behind me.

"Now, as I said you're a week ahead. Alright class. If you'll take one of the papers from the stack in your desk, you'll get your assignment for today. The past two days were class works, now you'll be doing this one independently. If you have any questions make sure to ask me. This is due at the end of class, unless you have been absent either of the last two days. In that case, come see me. Now get started." He said.

Immediately, multiple hands shot into the air and three students stood up to see Mr. Brown. I looked down at my paper and smirked. Psh. This was going to be a breeze.

——————TIME SKIP BROUGHT BY CHOAS—————

I sat back in my seat while the class bombarded Mr. Brown with questions, most of them were only half done, while I had finished. Usually I'd ask for him to check my work, but he looks very busy, so I'll leave him to it.

After he answered one of the students questions, an alarm went off and he sighed.

"Ok class. Pack your stuff up. Lunch break is almost here. We will not continue this after lunch, there have been too many questions about the subject at hand. I'll be partnering everyone up, teams of four."

Then the bell rang and I went off, following the students towards the lunch room, where I grabbed a tray and looked for the team. Everyone (minus Artemis) was sitting at a table.

I plopped down next to Dick, "Sup Robert?"

"Yes. You can have my food Wally." He rolled his eyes and pushed it over.

"I never tried to take it." I said.

"Ok, want me to take it back?" He reached for it slowly.

"NOPE! It's mine now, losers are loseres and winners have dinners." I said, pulling the food closer.

"This is lunch." Conner said bluntly.

I stuck my tongue out.

"Has anyone found my lucky planner?" Kaldur asked.

"No." We all said.

Our code word for Max or target is Kaldur's lucky planner. He lost it or the light is looking for her. Have you found it or have you found her? I found it or I found her. Code words...