Chapter 22: Break Up to Make Up

Corey in MM

Audrey stood in the frame of her door way and folded her arms across her chest with the meanest look she could form on her pretty face. This nigga had the actual nerve to show up at her door when she clearly said she didn't want to see him. 

"There's absolutely nothing we need to talk about." 

Corey clasped his hands together in a pleading manner and looked at Audrey with the saddest puppy dog eyes. "Please, Audrey, let me in. I will not leave until you talk to me. If that means I have to stand out here all night, then so be it." Audrey rolled her eyes but her body language was betraying her mind. She wanted to keep the mean girl front going but with each plea it was getting harder and harder. 

When Audrey didn't respond like he wanted her to, he had to get drastic. So, he dropped to his knees right there in the middle of the hallway for whoever to walk pass to see and of course there were one or two in the halls, watching, wondering why he was there on the floor.

Audrey noticing the small audience and began to fidget. She never liked causing a scene. "Corey, get up you-,"

"No, it seems like this is what I gotta do for you to listen to me." The way he looked at her made her feel extremely uncomfortable. This was just too much. 

She dropped her arms and heavily sighed in defeat. "Alright. Hurry up and come in here. I really don't like nosy people." In victory, Corey stood to his feet, but before he could take a step into her apartment, Audrey held her palm up against his chest to stop him. 

"You can come in on the condition that you keep your hands and your your happy friend to yourself. Understood?" Corey licked his lips and slightly smirked. Indeed he had missed her vivacious womanly curves, the feel of her soft, warm skin against his own and those plump lips. That sweet, round ass and most definitely that fat, wet-

"Corey!" Audrey snapped her fingers in front of his face snapping him out of his daze. She could almost guess why he was in LaLa land but she had to stick to her guns. She just had to for the sake of her sanity. "Do you understand?" she repeated more sternly.

Corey nodded his head and headed inside when she made a path for him to walk in. She gestured towards the couch and he sat while she went in the kitchen to get some juice. "You want some Kool-aid?" She asked from the kitchen. Corey chuckled and shook his head. It was funny how she managed to live lavishly and still have a taste for "nigga juice." But he wasn't gonna decline. He loved kool-aid too.

"Yeah." He answered back. He loosened his tie and unbuttoned a few buttons from the top of his shirt. He relaxed a little more spreading his arms across the top of the couch and spreading his legs a little wider. it seemed before he showed up she had music on because he could hear the soft voice of Jill Scott playing. It was loud enough to create ambience but low enough for them to talk without having to raise their voice. Come to think of it, she had the whole living room set up to put herself in a calming mood. Low lights, neo-soul music and a blanket laying across the couch. Guess he came at a good time.

"Here." Audrey held the plastic, clear cup in front of Corey's face and he smiled his thanks to her. Audrey sat at the opposite side of the couch with her cup in her hand and Corey couldn't help but steal a few stares. It just seemed she looked even more beautiful tonight even if she was wearing a tank top and leggings.

Audrey scrutinized him and sucked her teeth. He's relaxed as  if this was just a casual hangout. "I like how you sitting there with your tie loose and shirt unbuttoned as if your staying any longer than fifteen minutes." She said while taking a sip of her kool-aid. Corey looked at her then sat up a little before taking a sip and placing his cup on the coffee table. She was right. He was there to plead his case and make amends for his selfishness. He needed this woman in his life and he was positive he was gonna get her back. He scooted slightly closer to her and reached for her hands but stopped midway remembering when she said he had to keep his hands to himself.