Everyone found themselves nodding along to the lyrics. Percy straightened his posture, preparing to stand up and sing with his part.

PERCY AND Percy - Look!

Percy stood up as he said that with his recording self, getting all the campers' attention again. This time though, he was confident as he was doing something he had done in front of large audiences before.

PERCY AND Percy - I didn't wanna be a half-blood. I didn't ask to be a hero seeking praise.

Being a half-blood, it's scary. It mostly gets you killed in very nasty ways.

I didn't want to cause trouble, trouble. I'm less a player and more the played.

And honestly, I'd totally be fine If I could make it to the next grade, next grade.

It wasn't dirty socks or my stepdad. It was danger that I smelled.

The day it all went down. The day I got expelled.

Everyone was speechless at the sound of his voice. It was so beautiful you'd think he was a son of Apollo if it wasn't for his looks and powers. They were going to start cheering but the recording continued and so did Percy.

PERCY AND Percy - Maybe you don't know what a half-blood is because your life is normal and happy and not constantly in danger, but my life?

Humph, Let me set the scene.

As he said this, Percy walked around the campfire, addressing the campers, acting it as if he was on stage.

PERCY AND Percy - We were on this freaky field trip (freaky trip).

That's when this story should probably start (oo-oo-ooh)

ALL - We were geeking out on ancient Greek at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.

"That's a mouthful." Someone in the back whispered.

PERCY AND Percy - We stopped by all the statues (statues). And learned about the gods (gods). With Mr. Brunner and my substitute, Mrs. Dodds.

Hadn't done nothing wrong, wasn't rude, hadn't rebelled.

ALL - On the day it all went down,

PERCY AND Percy - The day I got expelled.

Percy sat down, indicating that he was finished for the time being.

MR. BRUNNER - The Greek gods! Almighty titans of earth, sea, and sky. But even they were children once and they didn't have it easy. Their father, Kronos, feared the day his children would inherit the earth. So what did he do? Anyone? Anyone?

MRS. DODDS - He ate them!

MR. BRUNNER - Ah... Thank you, Mrs. Dodds. But! One child, Zeus, escaped and devised a plan to rescue his brothers and sisters. He tricked Kronos into eating a rock. And what did Kronos do? Anyone? Any student?

MRS. DODDS - He vomited them up!

Chiron blushed and the campers erupted into laughter at the way Mrs. Dodds' actor said that. He wished they hadn't included that part. The recording continued.

PERCY - I didn't really get the story. At least it wasn't boring as I'd feared. But is it me, or is Greek mythology not deeply weird?

"It's not that weird when the gods are your parents," Frank said.

PERCY - I didn't want to pay attention (pay attention, pay attention!). Now I wish I had taken notes. But my focus is in question, and gods and indigestion caused a groan from our throats.