𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚞𝚜 𝚋 - 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

Summary: Sirius breaks your heart and you have no clue why. But is there more to the story?

Warnings: a lot of angst, fluffy ending, swearing

You couldn't believe it. After everything, Sirius black had broken your heart. When he seemed to be pulling away from you, it wasn't so out of the ordinary. Sirius always struggled to except his love for you but he had you convinced that he'd finally come to terms with his feelings.

Obviously not.

I can't be with you y/n, I just don't feel that way anymore...

You laid in your bed lifelessly just like you had for the past week. With lily bringing you meals and the other marauders coming to check up on you, you basically just existed. You weren't living.

All because of Sirius black. You hadn't seen him since but Marlene had relayed the fact that James had given him a black eye. And annoyingly you felt guilty. James and Sirius were best friends, and sure James had known you longer but as much as Sirius broke you, you didn't want him to be alone.

Today was going to be the first day for a couple weeks you'd show your face in the great hall. Just the thought of seeing his face turned your stomach, was he with someone else? Is that why he just stopped things with no warning?

You got dressed in your robes and tried to tame your hair which was now a knotty mess from how you'd completely neglected yourself these past few weeks. The shower you indulged yourself in had helped slightly, and with much struggle you'd managed to make yourself look presentable. However lack of sleep and lots of crying had left your under eye bags dark and puffy, nothing could fix that.

"You coming y/n?" Lily's soft voice called out.

You merely nodded and the two of you walked to the great hall, arms linked. Lily was brilliant at grounding you, she had an air of confidence and comfort, always knowing what to say. Even now, as you walked with a broken heart she managed to uplift you.

The minute you entered the hall with lily your eyes searched the room and landed right on him. It felt as though someone had wrapped a belt around your heart and they were tightening it with every second. Surprisingly he looked rough. He wasn't his usual carefree self and that gave you the confidence to follow lily to the table.

"Y/n!!" James shouted, alerting Sirius who nearly wretched. He had never felt worse in his life. Not when his parents were abusing him, not when he'd fallen out with his friends or when he had ran away from home. This felt way worse. This was all his fault.

He hadn't explained to anyone why he did what he did. He just couldn't. It would risk everything, it was bad enough letting you go, let alone jeopardising the reason for doing so.

His awful cousin had caught wind of the relationship. And with you being muggleborn he just couldn't let anything happen to you. If he could convince bellatrix that he now had nothing to do with you, she'd be less likely to act on her hatred.

Silly? Maybe. But he didn't care. His only priority was keeping the person he loved more then anyone safe. He'd had nightmares about you being harmed at the hands of his family, all because you were an item.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by someone moving to sit beside him. Mary McDonald. The minute she found out of the break up she'd been all over him, truthfully it sickened him. Even now right in-front of you, she had the audacity to come and flirt with him.

"Hey Sirius..." she spoke softly, placing a hand on his arm. You had just turned your gaze for a split second but it immediately fell on her hand on his arm. The way her eyes ate him up like dessert.