𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚠 - 𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚢

Summary: in an au where every witch & wizard has a soulmate, you find yours in a rather unconventional way

Warnings: none? Malfoy being a dick

Finding your soulmate was meant to be a cathartic experience. Many described it as the making of you. So if you were told that you'd meet your soulmate in the middle of a fistfight, it would sound almost unbelievable right? Wrong.

Quidditch had always been a menacing sport. It fuelled the animosity between houses while bringing out arguably the worst in people. This was very evident on the day you met your soulmate.

Although you could still only see black and white, making your way to the quidditch pitch as a stand-in felt almost fraudulent. You'd had to wear the Gryffindor colours without seeing them, pose as a chaser because many students had been caught in detention by dictator Umbridge.

You weren't even used to practising with the team, so when Angelina approached you and convinced you to fill in, it just felt wrong. But here you were.

The rain was battering you already, you were so focused on calming your nerves you could hardly hear the taunting from the Slytherin teammates. Predominantly the almighty prick, Draco Malfoy.

"Good luck l/n your gonna need it... I'm surprised they let you on the pitch..."

You ignored the comment and got in your position as you mounted your broom. Truthfully you weren't a bad player, you just didn't have time being in your last year at Hogwarts. Newts were a bitch. You were snapped from your thoughts when the match finally commenced. Draco and his closest friends were playing rough like always, coaxing the other Slytherins into singing a cruel song about Ron.

However, it wasn't until the end of the match where everything grew worse. You could sense the tension between the Weasleys on your team and Malfoy who had been making jabs throughout.

When his feet met the ground however was when everything went to shit.

"Such a sore loser Malfoy..." Harry shouted as a few of the other Gryffindor boys landed on the ground beside him. Ron and his two brothers were in the group, and you soon landed also keeping your distance. The storm was still far too distracting.

"I've never seen a worse keeper in my life.. how about we shed light on the other Weasleys... maybe their filthy mother.." Draco sneered as he stared Ron down.

And that was it. In seconds one of the twins had pounced on the blonde boy beating him senselessly. Although you weren't all that familiar with that family, you didn't feel sorry for him. Going for someone's family was disgusting.

Soon things escalated. Malfoy continued to spew shit about Harry who then joined in on the fighting. It was only when the third boy, the other twin, got involved did you go to pull one of them off.

And then it happened. Your hand went to grab his arm and soon everything began to glow. The grass that was usually a greyish hue could now be identified as a vibrant green. The colours of all the houses you'd only heard about could be seen from all the stands surrounding the pitch. It was beautiful.

He was staring right back into your eyes in complete shock. Amid the chaos, nothing seemed to matter. Just you and your soulmate taking each other In. He was panting and his brown eyes seemed to glimmer with something you couldn't detect.

You'd never had that much contact with the Weasley twins before. Other than them dumping a bucket of slime on you and a couple of other people in the third year, you barely spoke two words to each other. The worst part was you hardly knew which one it was.