Chapter 7. T

Antonio

🥃🥃🥃

Time goes by in slow motion when you don't want it to. And time goes by as fast as a bullet when you actually need the most time you can get.

In my case, last week went by in a blink of an eye.

Tonight is the opening of my VIP section. The nerves are starting to set in. Taking residence in every blood vessel of my body.

Tonight could be a hit or miss.

For the last couple of months, I was sure it was going to be a big hit. But now I feel like there are still so many things that need to be done, that I'm leaning more towards the miss.

My friends and family have been helping in every shape of form they can. Isabella volunteered to make me new uniforms for all the staff, including the new VIP servers. Mateo, Jack, and I worked hard to set up the cocktail and food menus. Nicole is just wandering around, making sure everyone is doing their job, like she always does.

I'm appreciative of them and would give my firstborn and kidney to them if they asked.

I've been so busy the past week that I've barely thought of Sara—except in the shower. But not today, I'm not letting myself think of her, whether she's going to show up tonight or not.

A knock resonates at my office door. I'm sitting here, working because workers are doing some last-minute modifications to the décor. We've been advertising the 'reopening' of club Lusso for quite some time. So many people expressed how they're really excited to see the VIP section. Jack is already talking me into transforming the second floor into another VIP lounge. It's still early for that talk, but if everything works out I'm willing to consider it.

Izzy enters with a big grin, her emerald eyes shining. "They just put on the uniforms and they all fit." She claps her hands in excitement.

I stand and round my desk to give her a big hug. "Thank you. I really appreciate all that you've done."

"You're welcome." She gives me a quick peck on the cheek. "Okay then. I'm gonna get going. I need to shower before I come back again."

After finishing up the last paperwork and a phone call with the son of some politician, assuring him the press will not know of his whereabouts as there's a separate entrance and he can use the private underground garage, I finally tell the staff to go home and rest before the opening.

🥃

It's eight p.m. and people are already lining up to enter. We still have an hour to go before opening.

The nerves from earlier subsided a bit, mainly because of the couple glasses of whiskey I've had. Even if the VIP section doesn't succeed, I still have the club itself. My staff is extremely happy and excited, and it's settling my nerves.

When there's only half an hour left till we open the doors, we sit down together and relax for a moment. I have the best people working with me. Everything is set and ready to go. We can't do much more but to wait and see what tonight has in store for us.

The head of security finally opens the doors at nine p.m. on the dot. begin people to filter in, one by one, filling the space up. They're wearing their best clothes. Short skirts and dresses, and the guys shorts and colorful shorts or open button downs.

I stay behind the bar and near the elevator. My body is thrumming. Excitement. Nervousness. Adrenaline. Pride. All these emotions are at an all time high.

I didn't feel that way when I first opened. So I shouldn't feel like this now. To help with my nerves, I take one last sip of whiskey.

Jack downs a shot of whiskey beside me before he clasps both my shoulders, gives them a shake while grinning, and he immediately gets sucked with drink orders.