CHAPTER EIGHT

When I woke up I expected to be tied up on a chair in a dark room like before, but instead of that I was on a bed, free, in a decent room which had two doors, one of which I supposed to be bathroom and the room had a couch also.

I was just observing the room when suddenly the door got opened and in came a very well built and intimidating man, he had sharp features, 6'6" or something of height and he looked really scary and handsome at the same time, I wonder what is he gonna do to me.

"You are up" it was a statement rather than a question.

"Yeah" I told him in a low voice, not knowing what else to do.

"Come with me" and with that said he started walking out.

So I got up from bed and started following him, I had to walk faster to match with his steps since he had long legs and he was not even getting slower for me or turning around to check on me. I did not want to talk to him so I just followed quietly.

I observed the corridors and corners by which we were passing, carefully. The house looked so lavish, more lavish than the house I had seen before.

I didn't notice when the scary man stopped walking until I bumped into him, after which he turned around and glared at me and I muttered a small sorry to him, then he gestured me to look forward and I saw a kitchen with a few maids working there.

"Martha" that man called out and an old woman came too us

"Yes, Leon" the woman asked. Okay so this man is Leon, I thought.

"This is the new maid, take care of her" he told her

"Maid!" I said shockingly to them but they just kept looking at me, bored. The man, Leon raised an eyebrow and I started talking

"I am not a maid. Did that guy sell me to you? just hear me out, he kidnapped me, this-" I was just throwing whatever words were coming into my mouth but Leon cut me off and said "I know"

He added arrogantly "You are not a maid but you will be working here as one, until Daniel sir comes back from his important work and deals with you, because these are his strict orders that, he will deal with you himself and decide your punishment when he comes back, and NOONE can disobey him." He said stressing the 'no one' part as if warning me beforehand of the huge consequences, the trouble I am in after disobeying him. And then he turned to go

Before he could go away, I asked him "Where am I?"

He smirked and told me "In the beast's den" in an intimidating manner and then went away. And I just kept looking at his back until he turned a corner and was not visible anymore.

Then I looked at the woman and asked her "Is this Mr. Daniel's house?" I chose my words carefully.

She just stared at me and said "Come, I will show you your work" rather than answering me. I wonder why I even bothered asking her but I just wanted to confirm.

Now, I was confused. I just couldn't comprehend my next move. What should I do? Should I follow their orders silently or try to find a way to run away from here but one thing that I knew was sure was that 'I was in trouble'.

Different thoughts were coming into my mind but one thing that my subconscious told me continuously was that I should not do something stupid again to make my situation more mess than it already is, and I will listen to it.... for now.

"Follow me" Martha said and started walking away

"Okay" I said and started following her.

She led me to second floor and provided me with mop and said "You have to mop all the rooms on this floor and this corridor as well except the room at center".

I just looked at her warily and before I could protest she went away.

There were around 20 rooms on this floor, and I had to mop 19, how could I mop all of them and that too all alone. But then I thought about it and got the idea that I could find a way out from these rooms so I opened the door of first room to mop it.

But why did she deny me to mop the room at center? Maybe it has something valuable which could be helpful for me to find something about that devil or maybe help find a way out to escape, there is only one way to find out, I have to go inside that room but there are so many maids here and there on this floor, I will get caught I thought.

So I started mopping the rooms near the center room, keeping an eye on the other maids. It was as if the room was meant to be explored by me because suddenly a loud bang was heard from first floor and all of the maids hurried there. I decided to use this opportunity and went inside the room and let me tell you one thing, I seriously thought it would be a master bedroom with lavish furniture and king sized bed, magnificent curtains and bathrooms, closet. But guess what? It was like a store room, with a lot of things mostly furniture covered with white sheets. Maybe they don't mop store room daily so Martha told me not to mop it, I was just going to leave the room when I got a glance of something.

 Gun, yes, a gun, in the drawer of a table, which was opened, I think somebody forgot to close the drawer. So, all those rumors of him being in Russian mafia were true.  But why would these people keep their weapons in the store room, shouldn't they be somewhere safe? If this room has weapons maybe it will have something else as well, maybe something that I could give to Jack, so I went near that table and opened the drawer, the gun fell down with a few photographs, I picked them up, kept the gun in the drawer and decided to take a look at the pictures.

I really got shocked after seeing those pictures, it scared me to the core after seeing those pictures that I started sweating. I was just going to run out of the store room when I got startled by an angry voice "What are you doing here?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:- Chapter eight over now. Sorry for the late update

How did you like the chapter? Vote and comment below to tell. I seriously don't know if this chapter is good enough so please comment and tell me guys.

Also, thank you for 700+ reads, keep loving my book.

What will happen next, any guesses?

Until next time, my lovely readers!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤