"You have a gun?" She couldn't hide her surprise.

The redhead shrugged one shoulder and blinked rapidly in the mirror. She shifted her head sideways to admire her lashes. "Yeah, sure. All the girls here have one." She lowered her voice. "But some of them aren't registered, so if he does get you one you'd have to keep it on the down low."

"Of course." She'd never intended on going the legal route anyway. Too many questions and paperwork to deal with. "Is Davis bouncing tonight?"

"Yeah, he's watching the front door."

Another explosion of applause made its way around the curtain.

"Sounds like they want more." Annie gave the dancer a slow smirk.

"They always do. They're insatiable!" Molly rolled her eyes again, but Annie knew she basked in the praise. Her co-worker loved attention from the scores of clientele who visited the club. It was the same way for her. The power that came with owning her sexuality was addictive. That feeling of control. The more she had, the more she needed it to survive.

The redhead slipped out of the button-up and tossed it across a black, canvas chair. She stepped closer to Annie, closing the gap between them. "You here all night?" she asked, her voice suddenly husky.

"I am." Annie's eyes traveled up Molly's near-naked frame, lingering on erect nipples. Her tongue slid across her upper lip before meeting her gaze.

The dancer leaned forward, her mouth grazing her ear. "I have something for you," she whispered. "Been thinkin' about it all day." She pulled away and smiled. "And I'm sure you know what it is ... Anastasia."

Annie felt her breath hitch, just as it always did when Molly turned on the charm. Instinctively, her fingertips slid up the girl's side until they tangled inside the spiral of curls. "I have a sneaking suspicion." She pressed against her, brushing her lips to hers.

A deep groan rumbled from the back of Molly's throat as the kiss deepened. Their tongues probed teasingly, sending a shiver of pleasure up Annie's arms. Her robe inched open and Molly's hand cupped her left breast, giving it a squeeze.

"What about your encore?" Annie asked.

"They can wait." She tugged the sheer robe from Annie's shoulders and let it drop to the floor. A rush of cool air swept over her skin but the heat from Molly's touch chased the goosebumps away. The dancer stepped forward, pinning Annie against the mirror.

Twisting her hands in waves of hair, Annie welcomed the wild play of glossy lips and warm tongues as their bodies molded together.

"I am so hot for you right now." Molly let out a hiss of breath and flicked her tongue against Annie's lips. "Make sure you don't disappear. I'm not through with you yet."

She caught Annie's bottom lip between her teeth and gave it a playful tug. Then she turned and stalked toward the stage, her hips swaying from side to side.

Annie glanced at the round clock on the wall, the small hand just touching the twelve. She had plenty of time.

There are no secrets time does not reveal ...

She let out a long exhale and ran a finger underneath her lip. A mixture of cigarettes and whiskey still lingering on her taste buds. Thoughts of Molly flickered through her mind, but right now she needed to focus on securing protection for her friend. Grabbing her robe from the floor, she slid her arms through the sleeves and her feet into black heals.

Davis Jackson stood at the entrance of the club with his back against the wall. Thick biceps crossed over a massive chest and dark sunglasses covered his eyes. A slightly-dressed bleached blonde collected the cover charge.

"Hey, Big D," Annie said as she made her way closer. "You gotta second?"

Davis slid the glasses on top of his head, revealing dark, seen-it-all eyes. "I always have time for my favorite girl."

Her gaze dropped before making contact. "Can you come with me to the Champagne Room?" she asked, referring to the club's VIP seating. "I have something to ask you."

Davis took his time answering, his thick lips twitching at one corner. "Mitch," he called out to another bouncer near the bar. "Watch the front for me. I've got to take care of something." Their eyes reconnected. "After you."

Annie started through the maze of patrons. She sidestepped tables and the hustle of cocktail servers until they were climbing the stairs that lead to a private balcony overlooking the stage. When they reached the secluded area, Annie locked the door behind them. Spotlights from below illuminated the balcony, shedding just enough glow to keep their meeting intimate.
"Have a seat."

Davis wedged his bulk into the plush, leather couch and eyed her suspiciously. "What's this all about, Anastasia?" he asked, his voice smooth and deep.

Annie stood before him and let her robe fall to the floor. "I need a favor."

He licked already-moistened lips. "What do you want, baby girl?"

Taking note of the growing bulge in his pants, she stepped forward, her hands pushing through waves of dark hair. Her fingertips slipped down her neck until they brushed the swell of naked breasts. "I need a gun."

Davis stared for a moment, not saying a word. "What kind of gun?" he finally asked. Shifting in the seat, an involuntary noise escaped his lips.

Moving closer, she didn't stop until her stomach touched the tip of his nose. Abruptly, she turned, swiveling her bottom in one exaggerated movement. The bouncer cupped her hips in his massive grasp, letting his thumbs glide underneath the straps of her thong. He buried his face in the small of her back, his contented exhale pushing a series of shivers up her spine.

Annie smiled to herself, the thrill of domination racing alongside her veins. A barter in the making, with her calling the shots. Exactly the way it should be.

"I want something small," she continued, "and easy to use." She rotated her midsection until Davis let out another moan.

His hands traced down her outer thighs before making their way back up, his fingers following the smooth curves of her cheeks. His warm breath brushed against her bare skin. "What do you need it for?"

"Protection."

Davis leaned back momentarily. "Someone bothering you?"

She shook her head, her hair tumbling in dark waves around her shoulders. "Not me. A friend."

Annie turned and folded one stiletto-clad leg against his shoulder, pinning him to the back of the couch. When his tongue slipped out to lick the thin strip of black silk covering her core, she swallowed a laugh. Men were so easy. Give 'em a little pussy and they were putty in your hands.

"So, can you help me?" she asked, continuing her slow grind against his lips.

A guttural growl vibrated against her. She took that as a yes, but needed to make sure. Hudson couldn't afford a refusal.

She lowered her leg, allowing her breasts to graze his forehead as she dropped to her knees. Annie looked up through long black lashes, her hand moving over the heat of his crotch. It throbbed beneath her grip. With expert fingers, she slid down the zipper and removed him from the confines of denim. "So ... can you?"

"I can get you whatever you want ..." Davis grunted, "As long as you keep doin' what you're doin' right now." He palmed the back of her head and let out a satisfied sigh.

The corner of Annie's mouth tipped into a smirk. Another win for her. She closed her lips around him and got to work.