Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Cloud’s POV

Para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig.

My heart skipped a beat.

I had a mini heart attack.

Pakiramdam ko nawalan ako ng hininga.

I felt I was struck by lightning.

I just hugged my Lablab..tight to make her feel secured.

Then it hit me…

“Is your daughter still okay?”

“Yeah, she’s trying to be okay for everyone especially for her boyfriend.”

“Shit,” bulong ni Brix.

“Brix, is there something wrong?”

“Tita successful po ba yung research?” Tanong ni Brix. What the?! Parang ako lang ang walang alam dito ah. Mukha akong tanga.

Umiling si Tita, “unfortunately, hindi. She doesn’t know it yet. We just don’t know how to tell her lalo pa ngayon na gustong-gusto niyang mabuhay.”

Why didn’t I realized this earlier?

BAKIT?!

My Lablab doesn’t look like she’s ill! Damn it!

“Yeah, she’s trying to be okay for everyone especially for her boyfriend.”

“…We just don’t know how to tell her lalo pa ngayon na gustong-gusto niyang mabuhay.”

The thought of her wanting to live because of me…the thought of her trying to be okay for me…makes me love her more and at the same time kills me inside.

Fckingsht.

Just blood damn it!

“Don’t cry,” I sshhed her. I guess it didn’t help, she was still sobbing in my chest. I ran my hands through her hair. I just can’t imagine that she’s dying.

“L-l-la-lab-lab,” she said. Damn it! I felt pain in her voice. Upon hearing her voice, my tears ran down.

“Lablab…I love you. I hope my love for you is enough for now to pay for all of the sacrifices that you’ve done for me,” I assured her.

Right now…all I want to think is how will I make Lablab assured that I won’t leave her, kahit ano/sino pa ang maghiwalay sa aming dalawa. Hindi naman nabawasan yung pagmamahal ko sa kanya, at kung mabawasan man alam kong hindi pa rin yun sapat para iwan ko siya. Masyado ko siyang mahal eh.

“But I’m selfish. Hindi ko agad sinabi sayo, you have all the right to be mad…you can curse me, hit me, and lea---”

I cut her right away! How could she think of those things?!

After our lips parted ways, “don’t you ever say such things, sinasaktan mo ako eh. Okay?” She nodded. “Wala kang sasabihin kahit na iisipin na anumang bagay na maghihiwalay sa atin, because if  you do…just imagine me being hit by a train…hindi ganun kasakit dahil mas masakit pa dun.”

And I am not joking not even exaggerating!

I must be sleeping by this time, but I simply can’t get myself to slumber.

Parang kahapon lang ang saya-saya namin. Everything is in place. And in a blink everything was shattered. Totoo pala yun. I thought it was only in dramas.

I turned to open the lamp on the bedside table and smiled as I saw Peter on the doorway.

“I know you won’t be able to sleep! Come on!”