Part 15

I stand in my room at Malfoy Manor looking down at the picture of my parents on their wedding day. I let a small tear fall before quickly wiping it away as there is a knock at my door.

"Come in," I call out, turning to the door. Narcissa opens the door and smiles at me.

"I didn't have a chance to give you your present when you arrived darling and obviously you were at Hogwarts for Christmas so I thought I'd bring it up" She says holding two black boxes. I smile at her as she sits down with my on my bed.

"You didn't have to do that, you've done enough for me already" I say as she hands them to me. She shrugs and I look at the black bows.

"You're apart of our family dear, now and forever. The big box is from Lucius and I. Then the smaller one is from me" She says. I open the big box first to reveal a dress. I hold it up admiring it. It is a navy dress with a sweetheart neckline and straps. There is a plain navy band around the middle and then the skirt flares out. "I thought it was more your colour than black.

"It's beautiful" I say and place it back in the box on my bed ready to wear for dinner. I pull the black bow on the smaller box and open it. I gasp softly.

"Your father and mother bought this for you before you were born. Each of your family had one, she'd want me to give it to you" She says. I hold back the small tears as I pick out the bracelet. It's a simple gold chain with my initials engraved on a circle in the middle. Then on the back it says Avery. Then Noble Family underneath. I smile up at Narcissa clutching it in my hand.

"Thank you so much," I say. She nods and helps me clasp it on my wrist. I can tell she's trying to hold her own tears.

"Well, Dinner will be ready soon. I'll leave you to get ready and see you in fifteen minutes" She says standing and putting on a smile. I nod as she leaves the room and look down at my bracelet. I get up and take off my jeans and jumper before putting my dress on. I add my emerald earrings and Draco's necklace. Then slip on a pair of black heels. This New Year's meal is different, there are more people than usual so Lucius has asked us all to look presentable. I leave my hair down and straightened then quickly add a red lipstick before Draco knocks at my door. I walk over and open it. He smiles up at me in his black suit with a navy tie.

"Wow..." He says kissing my hand. I shake my head at him and roll my eyes. "Ready to go love?"

"Always" I say and link my arm with his. We begin walking down the stairs towards the music and chatter. There are people milling about all dressed appropriately and having glasses of champagne or wine. A few people turn to look at us walking downstairs, most of them with their eyes trained on me. I shrug it off and just grip Draco's arm tighter before reaching the bottom.

"Hey Lovebirds" Blaise says walking over with Malia and Goyle in tow. I smile at them as we move away from the larger crowd. We are handed some fruit mocktails by the elves and I thank them quietly. I know I'm not supposed to but I'd feel rude. Draco links our hands.

"So big New Year this year?" Goyle questions Draco. I hear Draco sigh quietly and go stiff.

"Father probably just wanted to show off as usual" He answers. I can hear some underlying tension so I rub the back of his hand as he shares a look with Blaise.

"Well I think it's great, as long as there's no dancing" Malia says lightening the mood. A man walks over to us and smiles at Goyle.

"Guys this is my father, he's worked with Lucius a long time" He says. His father smiles at all of us, then he looks shocked when his eyes land on me.

"Miss Riddle, it's a pleasure to finally meet you" He says. My blood runs cold when he calls me a Riddle and I almost throw up. Instead I force a smile as I shake his hand.

"It's Miss Avery but thank you, it's lovely to meet you, Sir" I say evenly. He looks confused but Goyle nudges his father slightly.

"My apologies, I wasn't aware you had taken your mother's name. Wonderful woman your mother" He says smiling. I feel Draco stiffen even more but I just collect myself so not to cause a scene. I see Severus behind us about to step in.

"I took my family's name, But thank you. Draco and I should probably go find his parents and my godfather. See you later guys. Lovely to meet you again, sir" I say shaking his hand and then leading Draco over to Severus. I let out a breath I didn't know I was even holding as soon as we were away from Mr Goyle. "What the hell was that about?"

"He's an old follower of Voldemort, I'm sure he didn't mean to offend you," Severus says. I shake my head and look over to see Goyle and his father arguing.

"I am not and will never be a Riddle" I mutter under my breath as Draco wraps an arm around my waist.

"It's fine, love. People know that. Just breathe. We only have to get through the dinner" He says as someone clinks their glass. We make our way over to the dining room door. The three of us near the front as Narcissa and Lucius are standing in the front of the door.

"Welcome Friends and Family. We are excited to have you all here for a joyous occasion. We would just like to say a few words before we begin the meal. It is an honour and a privilege to have all of you here with us. We hope you enjoy your time. My Wife and I have been luckier than most the past few years. We have extended our family by one. It is my pleasure to welcome Y/N into our family. We hope you and our son will be together for many more years to come. You have brought new happiness to our home and we are humbled to call you our daughter. To Y/N whom we are internally grateful for" Lucius says holding up his glass. I feel myself blushing as Draco kisses my cheek and holds his glass up.

"To Y/N!" Everyone says. I feel a small bubble of embarrassment but push it away when Draco kisses me again earning us a clap.

"Now please join us for Dinner!" Lucius says as the doors open to reveal the vast table and the food displayed perfectly. Draco leads me to our seats at the head of the table next to his mother. His father sits to her left and then Severus takes a seat next to me. I smile at him as people begin to dig into the wonderful food. I put a few things on my plate such as Turkey, Gammon, Stuffing, Sausages, Roast Potatoes and some veg. I begin to eat as people chat around the table. Draco puts his hand on my leg.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I smile and kiss his cheek.

"As long as I'm with you, I'm happy" I say. He kisses me, earning a small glare from Severus.

"Keep PDA to a minimum, Malfoy" He says, still glaring. Draco nods and looks back to his plate with a small smirk. I nudge him playfully before taking another bite of the delicious food. I start talking to Narcissa about her plans for the summer ball this year. She's thinking about having it on Draco's birthday next year which earns a small groan from him. I however think it's a wonderful idea. Which earns me a glare from him. We finish the meal with an array of coffee and desserts. Narcissa let's everyone know that the lounge is available for guests who wish to stay longer. Draco and I decide to head to the garden before the Firework display to have some time alone.

"You know I admire your strength everyday" He says putting his suit jacket over my shoulders to keep me warm. I turn to him confused. "The way you handle yourself and everything else. You're so strong"

"I'm not strong" I say looking out at the dark sky. He puts a hand on the side of my face and makes me look at him.

"I wish I was half as strong as you on your weakest day" He says. I lean forward and capture his lips with mine. We pull apart after a few moments. "I love you"

"And I love you" I say as people start coming out onto the patio. Malia stands next to me as the first firework goes off. It turns into a countdown in the sky. People begin to countdown from ten. When it reaches zero there are a load of fireworks set off from Lucius' wand. I clap.

"Happy New Year," Malia says, hugging me. I hug her back tighter.

"Happy New Year Mal" I see Draco hugging his mother and then turning back to me. He puts an arm around my waist.

"Happy New Year, my darling" He says.

"Happy New Year Handsome" I say before we turn and kiss.