57: I Need To Get Help

Start from the beginning

"How many did they land on you?" He continues his interrogation while suppressing the urge to roll my eyes at the turn this conversation has taken.

"Not sure, two maybe," I reply with a hazy memory.

"You can do better. Tomorrow gym at six, don't be late," he announces helping me off the counter and walking towards his door opening it for me.

"Wait so you're not going to scold me about this?" I blurt out in shock raising my bandaged hand in emphasis.

"You want me to?" He offers sounding it out as a question making me instinctively shake my head negatively.

Narrowing my eyes at him when I notice the amused smirk twitching his lips in a teasing gesture. Huffing at a loss of words, I cross my hands against my chest and march out of the room.

"You used self-defense for well...what self-defense is meant for, no one's going to penalize you for that kid," I hear him add nonchalantly as I make my way back to my room stopping me dead in my track.

Spinning on my heels to face him in confirmation that I'm not just hearing things, I come face to face with his closed door. Sighing in dejection I return to my room discarding the topic from my thoughts completely.

Attacked by the hit of a crumpled ball of paper that smashes right into my nose, just as I set foot into my room. Staring the culprit—Lindsey—dead in the eye flatly I stand rooted in my spot as she offers me a sleepy smile as a peace offering.

"How did question hour with Liam Santos go?" She asks trying to divert my attention from the mess she has managed to convert my room in within the short timeframe I was gone.

Sighing I wordlessly walk towards my bed. Grabbing my sketchbook that is innocently lying partially hidden under my duvet, I make my way towards my desk where Lindsey has stationed herself at.

Ignoring her expectant look, I lean over her arm to retrieve my pencil case and walk back towards my bed. Well not before swatting the back of her head for which I earn a surprised yap from her soon accompanied by a deadly glare she sends my way.

"What was that for you violent Homosapien?" She mumbles while nursing the spot of the assault.

"You knew Liam would ask questions if I went to him and yet you didn't spot me. Idiot," I grumble grumpily as I position myself in the middle of my bed with crossed legs.

"How was I supposed to know that you didn't know?" She points out in defense.

"You could've still reminded me," I argue hopelessly earning an eye roll from her.

"You know, you sometimes don't live up to your reputation," she murmurs under her breath while rotating in my chair facing my desk.

"Wait what reputation?" I inquire inquisitively my ears immediately perking at this new piece of information.

"What reputation, I didn't say anything. You don't have a reputation," she blurts out spontaneously.

"You're lying," I assert calmly simultaneously getting started on my new piece as I plan my approach to the text I just received.

"You sound like your brothers," she remarks.

"No going to work. Stick to the topic," I tell her with a small lingering smirk catching her not-so-subtle attempt to divert my attention to another topic.

"What topic?" She tries yet again causing me to roll my eyes at her sending her a brief 'knowing look' before returning to my sketch.

"Fine! It's a blood thing," she discloses leaving me even more confused and intrigued.